faraway hotel blues

Kimavir

Metal Hippy
Nov 13, 2003
Hey guys, I'm stoked about returning for my 51st (or so) ProgPower. Unfortunately, I've got a major problem. Due to money issues, I wasn't able to afford both tickets and a hotel within walking distance (being a college kid sucks). My friend and I have a hotel now, but we're about 4 miles away. The Metro closes before the show's over, so that's a no go. Do you have any suggestions on how we can get back to the hotel that late at night? The lot next to the venue always looks full, making me worried about availability. Plus, I don't think I've ever seen a cab waiting outside.

Any help would greatly appreciated. I'm very worried about the hotel issue ruining my yearly PP goodness.

Great, thanks Glen. Last year we got a hotel a lot closer, but still a long walk. After walking past the "wares on the corners" 2 nights in a row, I was not at all interested in an even longer walk 3 nights in a row this year. I don't think there even is a cab company here in Fayetteville, AR; I didn't know they'd show up a 2am in Atlanta.

Anyway, thanks again. I'll see you at the showcase. Looking forward to another fuckin awesome show.

I stayed in Buckhead last year and will be doing the same this year and simply will be driving to the venue. I didn't have any trouble with parking in those lots near Center Stage, so I don't think that will be an issue this year either.

Make sure you give yourself enough time to fight the hellish traffic on Friday afternoon though.

~Brian~

I stayed in Woodstock last year and drove down both days. I parked in the garage that's a block up that hill from the venue. There were no problems with that. 4 miles is probably fine with a cab though.

I stayed in Buckhead last year and will be doing the same this year and simply will be driving to the venue. I didn't have any trouble with parking in those lots near Center Stage, so I don't think that will be an issue this year either.

Make sure you give yourself enough time to fight the hellish traffic on Friday afternoon though.

~Brian~

QFT. We stayed in Norcross last year and missed out on the Freak Kitchen meets because of the traffic...bummer.

We live here and take cabs allll the time to shows. We never have a problem. There's always cabs riding by the venue that you can hail over to stop. We've been going to PP for 7 years and have never had a problem. We take Checker cab there, since they know us and know where we live, and then whoever happens to be passing by the venue to go home, just wave for them to stop. Seems to be quicker than calling Checker to pick us up from the venue.
Checker Cab's number is 404-351-1111 :)