Hotel Suggestions

Miguel

Oct 24, 2006
Guaymas, Mexico
Hi everybody, I was trying to book the hotel just this afternoon and I was shocked because my first pick was motel8 (because price and convenience) and it's already sold out for the dates :erk:

Anyways, I'm looking right now at a Days Inn located in 1701 Northside Drive NW, Atlanta, GA. Just a few meters off I-75. (3 miles from the venue)

I remembered Glenn mentioned something and correct me if im wrong about some construction being done.

If there going to be a problem getting from the hotel, to the venue?

Are there other hotel suggestions I should be looking at?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

The Days Inn on Northside Drive is an okay hotel, it's cheap and quiet, not a lot of amenities, but it's available, and it's really only about 1 and 1/2 miles a short cab ride. I don't think there is construction on 17th street(the street you use to get to Northside drive. There are a lot of us staying there.

Speaking of suggestions, I still haven't made a reservation, and I doubt I'm going to be able to get (or afford!) one anywhere near the venue. Where else are people staying, which may be a little farther away/cheaper?

Speaking of suggestions, I still haven't made a reservation, and I doubt I'm going to be able to get (or afford!) one anywhere near the venue. Where else are people staying, which may be a little farther away/cheaper?

Since no one responded to this, am I to assume that everyone has a room close to the venue except me?

I think there was some discussion in a different thread. I remember the Days Inn on Northside Drive was being mentioned; it's a decent and reasonably cheap option if you have a car available, and it's only about a mile away. Pretty quick via the freeway.
It wouldn't be impossible to stay there without a car, but you'd probably have to arrange a taxi ride from there to the venue. Getting back would probably be easier.

What I'd do is reserve something that you are comfortable with. And then keep checking the ones that you really want to stay at. Often people are cancelling things 2-3 days before you'd be doing. I do this with work when a good hotel isn't available.

Since no one responded to this, am I to assume that everyone has a room close to the venue except me?

I'm staying at the Georgian Terrace but I got the room through Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" for about $65 a night back in November. I did the same last year and got a room at the Hotel Indigo next door. A bit of a walk but easily do-able and you walk right by the Vortex and there's a 24 hr diner a block or two away as well.
The year before that I booked as a deal with hotel/flight for the Downtown Days Inn on Spring. Nothing special but it's nearby the Inn at the Peachtrees and had a fridge. The price for both was actually cheaper than just booking the flight.
On Priceline you can choose the number of *s and general vicinity of the hotel you want (downtown, midtown, perimeter, etc). This forum will also give you an idea of what hotels fall under each rating and the prices people have been getting for particular time periods. The only problem with the bidding is that you can only do it once a week unless you start changing star ratings and it absolutely locks you into that hotel. You get charged after your bid is accepted and cannot cancel your reservation.
I've never had a problem and I kind of like having the hotel already paid (at half the price too boot) so the damage to my CC in the vendor's room isn't as bad.
It might be hard now to get a good price for Sept because of all the stuff going on that weekend but good luck if you do that method.

Me n' Coldie n' Scott, the guys in Pathosray and a bunch of other PP folks were at the Inn at the Peachtrees last year and I loved it... Close to MARTA, a grea food court, Hard Rock, Hooters and a ton of other food places... There was a free shuttle last year - here's to hoping they do it again this year!!!! They took such great care of us and the shuttle driver, Gerard, was amazing and went out of his way to make sure everyone got back to the hotel after the show...

The best thing about this place is the courtyard - it's gorgeous and huge; the perfect place to chill out and chat with folks coming back from the show... I believe it was about $100/ night