Farmakon...

Yeah.
Downfall knows them better if I can recall...
They traded our demo for theirs or something.
I didn't like it very much when Lassi played it to me.
I can't remember why. Well I guess I'll have to listen to
it again. But thanks anyway for the info.

Originally posted by nevershine
Yeah.
Downfall knows them better if I can recall...
They traded our demo for theirs or something.
I didn't like it very much when Lassi played it to me.
I can't remember why. Well I guess I'll have to listen to
it again. But thanks anyway for the info.
Welcome.

Holy shit! Toni played me one rehearsal tape and, yeah, I liked it. I dont start to analyze it, because I only have heard it once, but it was impressive. I'm really looking forward hearing more.

P.S. I was´obviously on some window cleaner when I wrote my last post:loco:

Originally posted by ~Zeanra~

I will :D Btw, have you heard of a band called Devilish Decibels? They're from Tampere too, and play some kind of doomy stuff...I was just wondering...

Check them out if interested: www.devilishdecibels.cjb.net
I have their demo. Their drummer is the little brother of my friend and their guitarist is a former schoolmate of my girlfriend. :D

Originally posted by Downfall
I have their demo. Their drummer is the little brother of my friend and their guitarist is a former schoolmate of my girlfriend. :D
:lol: Small world.. :p The bassist is a good friend of mine :)

Originally posted by ~Zeanra~

:lol: Small world.. :p The bassist is a good friend of mine :)

Too small, sometimes... :zombie:
And as an addition, I sold our demo to their other guitarist...

Originally posted by DotNoir
Holy shit! Toni played me one rehearsal tape and, yeah, I liked it. I dont start to analyze it, because I only have heard it once, but it was impressive.

I'm really looking forward hearing more.

P.S. I was´obviously on some window cleaner when I wrote my last post
We'll start working on more recordings on next saturday. and there's nothing no shame in sipping window cleaner :D

Originally posted by Downfall

We'll start working on more recordings on next saturday. and there's nothing no shame in sipping window cleaner :D

That's good... Earlier I didn't like this kind of metal, but Toni has played me some good bands (I don't even remember all of their names...) and I've started to like it. Well, I liked Opeth the first time Toni played it to me. So really lookiing forward hearing more of your music.

...What window cleaner? :loco:

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Originally posted by DotNoir

That's good... Earlier I didn't like this kind of metal, but Toni has played me some good bands (I don't even remember all of their names...) and I've started to like it. Well, I liked Opeth the first time Toni played it to me. So really lookiing forward hearing more of your music.

...What window cleaner? :loco:

:headbang::headbang::headbang:
Someone is brainwashing you? :lol: :p I'm glad to hear that ;)

Originally posted by Brutalizer
The name Farmakon sounds like a computer company or something! :lol:
Or a Greek Agriculturalist....;)

My housemate has downloaded some of their stuff and he loves it. I think it's pretty good although the clear vocals sound a bit contrived.

more like a farmaceutics-company :D (ya know, a company that makes drugs..........well or window cleaner if that's what you prefer heheh)

hmm not sure if thats a real english word....farmaceutic.......hmm i think it is...........:p

What does Farmakon mean?? is it a imagined word, or does it actually mean something? :)

btw, I played your 3 demo songs over and over, they rule :)
original riffs + goood drums = music that owns me :eek:

:p

Originally posted by requiem
Or a Greek Agriculturalist....
Originally posted by Spotted Owl
more like a farmaceutics-company (ya know, a company that makes drugs..........well or window cleaner if that's what you prefer heheh)

hmm not sure if thats a real english word....farmaceutic.......hmm i think it is...........

What does Farmakon mean?? is it a imagined word, or does it actually mean something?

We have come across Greek foot-lotion and Estonian face-salve so far... :D

The word is originally Greek (what a clishé...) and stands for a medicine that serves as a poison when overused. I think the more correct English equivalent would be Pharmacon. I think the original Greek word is spelled that way also.