Fastest Double kick in metal? ? ?

SculptedCold said:
As far as double bass is concerned, The Berzerker's drummer is certainly NOT the fastest around. His hand strokes are recorded fastest but not the double bass drumming.

Could you enlighten me where you get this info ? I would like to know who has the fastest recorded this and that. That would be pretty bitchin.

Bryant

FluffyDonkey said:
Need some song and band names for this dude, i need to hear some evidence of how good he is.
A start is "Drum Solo" off None So Live. "...And Then You'll Beg" is a really complex song with crazy drumming. Now, some people who aren't musically adept just hear it as noise and miss out on the phenominal technicallity. I hope you're not one of them so you can enjoy it!:Spin: "We Bleed" is great too.

FluffyDonkey said:
I know full well how fast raymond from ff is i'm just wondering if anyone here has heard or heard of anything faster.

CONCLAVE OBSCURUM said:
The guy from FEAR FACTORY!

Yes, mr Harrera is very good drummer... and he plays Nintendo all the time :D

IMO as fast as Raymond is Frost from Satyricon, and I love both bands.

Bryant said:
Could you enlighten me where you get this info ? I would like to know who has the fastest recorded this and that. That would be pretty bitchin.

Bryant

Hmmm, I don't remember. I just followed a link from around here one day to a drummer world record site. Looked a bit dodgy to be honest, but I suppose such events can't have huge budgets for web designers. =P Throw some keywords around google, you might get lucky.

I believe that what you refered to as a gravity beat is done either using two hands, which is obviously not what you're talking about, or using the johnny Rabb technique. If your not familiar with this, it involves rebounding the stick of the rim of the drum such that one hits multiple times for each stroke. You can however, get pretty fucking fast with one hand if you just woodshed your finger-technique, but im too fucking lazy, I spend all my time working on foot speed.

FailingAcension said:
A start is "Drum Solo" off None So Live. "...And Then You'll Beg" is a really complex song with crazy drumming. Now, some people who aren't musically adept just hear it as noise and miss out on the phenominal technicallity. I hope you're not one of them so you can enjoy it!:Spin: "We Bleed" is great too.

I'm by no means one of those moron's.

i cant help myuself but break it down and just hear the technicality in all the music i listen to, that's why i'm such a huge TOOL fan,

Awesome band,

cheers for the song names.

Although the drumming on dechristianize sounds good, in my opinion it is highly suspect. I mean, a couple of years ago the guy couldn't drum his way out of a paper bag...now he has one of the fastest blast-beats in the bussiness? Something just sounds off in the way those parts are played, and I wouldn't be suprised in the least if they are heavily tweaked...notice hes playing guitar, not drums when they tour.

Cimmerian said:
Although the drumming on dechristianize sounds good, in my opinion it is highly suspect. I mean, a couple of years ago the guy couldn't drum his way out of a paper bag...now he has one of the fastest blast-beats in the bussiness? Something just sounds off in the way those parts are played, and I wouldn't be suprised in the least if they are heavily tweaked...notice hes playing guitar, not drums when they tour.

In an interview with Tony Lazaro, he said that Dave worked his ass off for a year and a half to be able to do it.