COB's Fastest Double-Bass?

i can't be assed with trying to understand all this stuff
wtf.gif

Where did he say that?

I reckon some of the blastbeats on Something Wild are the fastest, but who really cares? I mean it gets to the point if you play any faster it will sound like shit, or, I dunno, well-timed farts :lol: It isn't meant to be a sport of who can play the fastest or what song has the fastest double-bass.

agreed, but we'll have to wait and see

every fast doublebass drum parts in Bodom are all played at around 192 bpm (Alexi writes almost all his songs with this tempo...almost) in 16th notes so it's all the same. There is also a part in Bodom After Midnight which Jaska reach some fucking fast 32th notes. I guess the new album will contain a song faster than 192 bpm or something like that

( it depends on how you divide or multiply the notes ( 4th, 8th, 16th, 32th, 64th... ), so you can play fuckin fast beats on slower tempos too )

( it depends on how you divide or multiply the notes ( 4th, 8th, 16th, 32th, 64th... ), so you can play fuckin fast beats on slower tempos too )

God yes! Man i hate people who go "AMFG THIS SONG IS LIEK OVER 200BPM ITS SO FAST!!"

Well the song could be in 100bpm and still be just as fast. In the old days of non GP, most songs were below 60bpm to save paper, meaning alot was written in 32th's and 64th's. This way you got huge amounts of notes within each "bar", so you wouldnt get like today's 8ths, which would be a serious waste of paper back then (unless its a really small part ofcourse).

You can write a song in 400 fucking bpm and make it sound like a ballad, it wouldnt be convenient in any way though. People wouldnt notice the difference

I just can't wait to hear the song just to see how Jaska will fit the fast parts of doublebass to understand what he means by fastest. It can be fast in so many ways. let's just hope it sounds good and "Bodomish" haha.