Double Bass Volume On The New Album

Knarfi said:
Tyra, though i agree with you most of the times, im not gonna change my thoughts about this. Yes, he stated it in his original post, but he's still complaining! thats the same as stealing a phone in a shop and then return the next week to say that somethings not working, in my opinion.

Oh and i dont have anything vs blowtus, i never heared of the guy before, but i just had a pretty fucked up day, so im getting pissed on little things fast.

Well, I never said you had to agree with me. Life would be boring if everyone always agreed on everything. And everyone in this world has had a bad day at some point.
Having said that, I do understand your gripe. A thread in a fan-based forum started out with a complaint. I get that, and I think that maybe you'd think it odd to post a negative comment in a fan-based forum, since some are of the opinion that "if you don't like the music, you're not really a fan, so get the hell out". However, this forum is based on open dialogue. Not everyone is going to like everything the band puts out. There have been loads of negative comments about Fate of Norns, for example. It may be a positive thing for some to be able to express such opinions, as it helps define what it is that the fans like about the sound. Not so the band can write songs just for you personally and sell out, but so that your input can be heard.
I do agree with you that if some dude had gone on here and said that the whole cd sucked based on the soundquality of his mp3, that would have been screwed up, but he did say that his complaint may have been based on a fucked up mp3 right in his post.
In other words, I feel, that if he'd waited until the album came out and listened to it, then noticed the thing with the bass he's now complaining about, then he'd still be in his right to complain since it's an open forum. What happens then is that you guys all get on there and shred him to bits, and if he's got any balls at all, he'll still stick around and defend his position and become part of the community or he'll do what so many others who have held not-so-popular-views (such as all the neos we've had come by once and never again) have done on this forum, post once and get shredded, never to be heard from again.

Knarfi said:
Normally i'd feel insulted, but not when it comes from you. and when i first replied i didnt had a bad day, TODAY i had a bad day, i replied yesterday if i can recall that correctly. and another thing, its my oppinion. and so what im 15?! cant i have an opinion? well the reason i dont feel insulted by this, is because you talk more immature to me than i was doing to you. Yes your right the huge letters were a bit childish, but what you just replied made me laugh.
Also, the thing you said with the free ipod isnt quite the same as downloading a illegal rip-off song. But, why the hel should i care? you dont care what i think of this, but i dont mind, cos youve just showed that your not quite mature (especially for your age) either.

-Regards, the 15 year old Knarf.

I guess we agree then.

Your points...

* I shouldnt download music that isnt released because its illigal and imoral.
* I shouldnt download music at all? Its just ass illigal yet you admited to it. (im a bit confused here)
* Downloaded music makes it exempt from negative reviews.
* Your having a bad day.

I hope we can get back to the topic of the double bass volume on some of these tracks. Sorry about the bad day knarfi...

Aris801 said:
I guess we agree then.

Your points...

* I shouldnt download music that isnt released because its illigal and imoral.
* I shouldnt download music at all? Its just ass illigal yet you admited to it. (im a bit confused here)
* Downloaded music makes it exempt from negative reviews.
* Your having a bad day.

I hope we can get back to the topic of the double bass volume on some of these tracks. Sorry about the bad day knarfi...

yeah we can proceed, after this: those werent my points at all (exept for the last one)
my point IS: dont COMPLAIN about illegal music, and esp. not on the friggin official forum. i mean i download al lot of crap 2, and u can dl the unreleased ones 2, i dont care, but im waiting for the cd. my biggest prob now is you saying that im insulting YOU, while you call ME imature.

Knarfi said:
my point IS: dont COMPLAIN about illegal music, and esp. not on the friggin official forum.

I have every right to make the observation i made about the mp3s available right now because they are the only thing available right now. If this problem isnt fixed in the final version then it is something that will be noted in my personal review of the album as a whole. At this point, I cant review the album because its not out. This is why I can only make an observation based on whats available.

I didnt realise I had to write a disclaimer in my first post to keep people like you from barking down my neck for trying to spark a simple discussion.

(high nasaly voice) aaaaahhhnnnnnnn...the double bass on the new album is too quiiiieeeeettt!! Thats whining. I have 2 songs off the album that my friend sent me. She owns the album. Asator and Valhall Awaits are killer tracks, but I agree 100% with this dude. Those kicks would preferably have more volume. Fredrick has some amazing double bass chops so I don't see why it wouldn't be fucking loud as fuck. Thats the bands decision though. You can still hear them...And the songs kick ass....Thats all there is to it. More volume would be nice...But they still whip ass and i'm buying the album.

yeah i'd be bummed 2 if the dbbl bass volume sucked, but i will decide that when the album is out, and not when i have a download version. and Tyra, i didnt see your post before, ofcourse he has the right to give a negative opinion, i mean i have negatives about AA 2, like falling thru ginnungagap is to spacy and weak imo, and i dont like arson. that wasnt really my point, and yes, maybe i was a bit too harsh with my bullshit yesterday. ill be calm from now on =)

that's the problem when people listen to the leaked version in advance:
they can't keep their mouth shut!
at least they should wait with giving their opinion about the album until it's released.
instead of that they start to write things about the album that are not even the truth!
i mean, how can you judge about an album's sound by listening to a leaked mp3 version...probably even just played on your pc?!?!?!
in my opinion it's just a lack of respect towards the musicians...a lack of respect towards their work.
you talk about some "unfinished" stuff...
and the people who are waiting for the release date can't even listen to the stuff anymore without created expectations. that just sucks!
what we're facing right now is a totally new generation of "fans". they don't see music as the art it is...they see it as a product. let's call it the "ipod- or mp3-generation"...
back in the days we went to the record store, bought an new album and got home really excited. today you know the album before it's even released.
i don't see any problem in dowloading albums in general, but downloading before the release date and talk about the album before is just a lack of respect.

I think he knew his position when he posted the first message. If you want to bash someone go check out the SYL - The New Black review in the Your Reviews section. He bashed the album to hell and back AND only downloaded it. NOW THAT IS WRONG. At least this chap said he will listen to the CD and come to a decision then.

i cant really contribute anything to the actual topic (since i havent downloaded the album), i just want to state that i think aris has a right to state his opinion on the album here on the forum even though it isnt out yet. more so because he didnt say "lol this fuckin sucks" but he expressed his thoughts politely and says he wants to start a discussion.

@northseastorm: i dont see how discussing unfinished stuff is a lack of respect towards the artists. if the sound is different in the final release, fine, then the topic can be dropped, but if its not the problem remains the same. and that "mp3-generation" part is a bit exaggerated imo.
i agree with you that it sucks to read reviews and stuff about the album before its out, but people who dont want to have expectations created simply shouldnt read those topic concerning the new album.

Northseastorm: Its funny that you brought up the "music is an art form" analogy....I happen to be an artist myself (life art mostly) and there is nothing I appreciate more then when someone critics my unfinished work. It only makes me a better artist. This applys to any art form. Music goes through many transformations before we hear the final product. My intentions, when i posted about the volume on the double bass was mostly to express that I as a drummer enjoy the crisp sound AA got on there last two albums and that sound isnt as apparent in the mp3s that were leaked. Hopefully this gets changed in the final product.

If you dont like reading about the mp3s...Then use the same self control you used to not download them, And simply dont read/post in this thread.

I heard the new album..and no complaints! Amon Amarth yet again releases another top notch album. One of the few bands in my collection who I own the entire catalog. Thanks guys!

Get a better soundcard and speaker set up for your computer audio and maybe you will start to notice it better Aris. (not saying you don't, im just making an assumption here, haha)

It sounds kick ass to me with my 5.1 Logitech Z5500's and Audigy 2 Platinum.

Again, the CD will sound MUCH better when it comes out, which im waiting for impatiently.

Edit:
Favorite song for me is Cry of the Black Birds!

Satanicat said:
Get a better soundcard and speaker set up for your computer audio and maybe you will start to notice it better Aris. (not saying you don't, im just making an assumption here, haha)

It sounds kick ass to me with my 5.1 Logitech Z5500's and Audigy 2 Platinum.

Again, the CD will sound MUCH better when it comes out, which im waiting for impatiently.

Edit:
Favorite song for me is Cry of the Black Birds!

I listen to the album mostly in my car but that doesnt matter. Though the speakers on my pc are not high end, they are not bad at all. Also, I am compairing the sound to previous albums being played through the same speakers.

And just to be clear...The sound IS excellent. I just noticed that the double bass pedal has slightly lower volume then i would expect from AA. This is easily noticed when you switch from Versus the World to the new album.

Cant wait to get the final version in the mail.

Aris801 said:
I listen to the album mostly in my car but that doesnt matter. Though the speakers on my pc are not high end, they are not bad at all. Also, I am compairing the sound to previous albums being played through the same speakers.

And just to be clear...The sound IS excellent. I just noticed that the double bass pedal has slightly lower volume then i would expect from AA. This is easily noticed when you switch from Versus the World to the new album.

Cant wait to get the final version in the mail.

Definitely. I agree with you there, haha. I was just comparing it with some previous songs actually and you are right. Although, the new album is still awesome. I think Amon Amarth is going back to some of their older style of songs (vocal wise), and adding new things as well. I noticed that some songs on the new album had a blackish metal feel to them like their earlier albums and other songs were just plain new sounding, which is good in my opinion :headbang:

A friend of mine sended me Asator and to be honest, I only noticed it after reading the first post. but since the mp3 is like 32kbps its not worth to complain. I will check after i bought the cd.

And what if the double bass is indeed not as loud as some ppl here want it?
Well, as long as it fits into the song it wont ruin it.

Ok I finally got my copy in the mail. As I suspected the sound quality is ALOT better and this DOES make the double bass sound alot clearer. But just as I originally stated in my first post. The bass drum is not as loud as it was in FoN. This intern is my one and only complaint about WOoOS. Other then that...Its dope.

Maybe Amon just wanted people to pay more attention to the guitar lines, because they are amazing, But still Frederiks drumming has improved a lot. Also, you always have bass booster :kickass: - This may not be the right time to ask, kinda spontaneous, but why do the letters sPaSm on last fm for like half the songs on WOOOS