Fat Lazy Cabs - AVAILABLE NOW ! | Black Friday 2021 Sale (50% Off until Monday)

I would need to re-export every ''raw'' .wavs (before deconvolving) but I doubt I have these files anymore.. I can see what I can do though.

I've been a huge fan of your work and have used one of your free IRs on my latest album!
Instant purchase!

Redline4 wrote that he can provide 48khz files if needed,
not sure if they would work length-wise though

ok cool.
i'm ready to pull the trigger on these, but want to make sure i can convert them to ultra res first.

D20 PM me your email adress, I'll do a quick test and send it to you to confirm the conversion succeeded.

Hi Guys ! Just thought I would let you know that I'm running a deal right now on the guitar impulse collection. You can now get for a limited time my Fat Lazy Cabs for half the price, which makes it only 9.99$ ! Make yourself a gift for the holidays while make me one at the same time :) Oh and here are some more recent photos of my studio (including diy acoustic treatment and new gear)

For those who already grabbed FLC, I hope you enjoy them and keep posting songs in which you have used them, I love hearing those !!

BUY NOW: http://fatlazycabs.bigcartel.com/

Reactions: rapucore
I thought I'd bump this briefly.

I bought these cabs recently and they sound really good! Lots of body to them but have the high-end qualities you expect from the different cabs. Really good stuff.

I missed the deal as well but I'm not too fussed. $19.99 isn't much money and these cabs are totally worth it. They blend nicely, too.

Hi guys! Thanks again to everyone for the great comments. It really does mean a lot to me ! If you have some audio examples in which you've used the IRs, I'd be more than happy to hear them.

Regarding the 50% off deal, I might be doing another one in the future. So keep an eye out ;)

I also bought them last December for 20 bucks, and they are worth every single penny. Great impulses indeed.

I will upload soon some mixes using the Fat Lazy Cabs with my own music. This is a quick test I did with one Feared song just after buying them.

Cheers, mate.

Now that I've got a good interface, good guitar tones are much easier to come by. I need to work on writing good music and mixing everything else better, but there are only so many hours in the day! I'm not an engineer at all and I have a regular job. Haha.

I'm really liking these cabs. They sound fantastic.

Hey RedLine, a few quick questions for you regarding signal chain while using your impulses:

Since the sound of a tube power amp and mic preamp is pretty much already embedded within these impulses, is there any point in stacking these with another mic pre?

For example in this setup: Laney IRT Studio > Torpedo Live (using your Boogieman impulse) > Chandler TG-2 Mic Preamp > Apogee Quartet (just using as ADC with Apogee preamp disabled)

Do you think the Chandler will be over-colouring the sound since you already have some mic pre colour baked into the Boogieman impulse?

Would it make more sense to go: Laney IRT Studio > Torpedo Live (using your Boogieman Impulse) > Apogee Quartet mic pre (as it's much more neutral than the Chandler)

Any advice is very welcome :D

BTW, was doing a shootout this morning between tons of impulse packs from some big names. I always end up coming back to Boogieman as my favourite IR!

Reactions: Redline4
Hey Punkyskunky ! Glad to hear you've been using and liking FLC. Regarding your question whether it'd be better using a more transparent preamp with the impulses, I think that it's really up to you. I don't think the Chandler would ''over-colour'' the sound. When I made the IR's, I used ''CAPI VP28'' preamps (known for their API-like roundness and punch.) So they didn't colour the sound that much, compared to say, a neve pre.

I would recommend trying both setups and roll with what you think sounds best ! And feel free to send me some sound clips if your ever do a comparaison, that could be really fun !

Best regards,

Joel

I took another(unintentional) break from writing music over the last few months. My job and wanting to get out in the bush and go hunting every weekend soak up a lot of time.

I'm in the process of writing a new song, inspired by Opeth sort of stuff. The tone I've been getting has been great and I've been using these IRs exclusively. I'll post more in this thread when I'm done.

I'm almost too nervous to post this, because it's nothing like some of the great productions I hear on this forum. I approach TSE X50 as a songwriter, and I enjoy the good tones it gives me to help keep me inspired during the writing process. This recording is rough and still (obviously) a work in progress, but the tones show a lot of potential. I used the X50 amp with FLC Recto Fire and Pulp. These impulses and software are incredible.

The heavy stuff is in the middle of the nice acoustic stuff. I got my new acoustic a couple of days ago so I'm enjoying playing that for the moment.