Fates Warning in Houston

I'll be there - with several friends in tow. Love FW and FE, but also going to see one of my favorite bands on the planet - SIX MINUTE CENTURY!! They wll be opening the Showcase at PP this year. DON"T MISS THIS UNBELIEVABLE band!!!!

Chris :headbang:

Ray is from San Antonio, I don't know if that has anything to do with the decision regarding the TX dates??

I am still debating about going to this show. It's literally right down the street from my house. But as much as I have tried to get into Fates and Future's End. Neither band does anything for me. I seem to remember Six Minute Century being decent. So I might come just to hang out with fellow Progheads.

It's a little early yet. The Parallals material was well done and I finally understand what others see in Mark Zonder. At times Ray appeared a little tired and there were long gaps between some songs. Maybe due to setting up and triggering the DAT background. But overall, Fates didn't convert me. Just too much of the same style for my interest and taste. For my money, the opening band, One of Six and the bassist for Six Minute Century were the pleasant surprises. Anyway, back to sleep. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I don't have time right now to go into detail and breakdown each group's performance but here is a brief synopsis.

1 of 6 was a suprisingly decent as I had never heard of them (the singer was good), and Six Minute Century and Futures End did well, all though nobody could hear your guitar (if you are reading this Don). The mix left something to be desired but it is a club and overall it was a good job. It was a suprise and great to see Steve DiGiorgio fill in on bass for FE.

As for Fates Warning it was excellent as one would expect. They have always been an extremely professional band and always tight. Ray cannot hit his high notes anymore as we all know by now, but he makes up for it with his more developed mid and style change over the years (he also forgot the lyrics twice but joked about it). All musicians were fantastic.

SET LIST

All of Parallels

Pale Fire
Face the Fear
Nothing Left to Say
One
Pleasant Shade of Gray Pt. 3
Another Perfect Day
Through Different Eyes

It was the first time I have ever seen them when they were headlining that "Quietus" was left out of the set. Would have been great to hear but oh well.

1 of 6 was a suprisingly decent as I had never heard of them (the singer was good), and Six Minute Century and Futures End did well, all though nobody could hear your guitar (if you are reading this Don). The mix left something to be desired but it is a club and overall it was a good job. It was a suprise and great to see Steve DiGiorgio fill in on bass for FE.

Steve DiGiorgio IS the bass player for Furure's End, but he wasn't there last night due to prior commitments, Larry Smith replace him last night for the show.