FATES WARNING TO BE ON THE BALL!

FatesFan

Dec 18, 2004
FATES WARNING - ‘Simple Human’ Video To Premier On Headbanger’s Ball [Hot Flashes - 05.04.15 09:27:03]

FATES WARNING’s newest video, ‘Simple Human’ (directed by Jerry Clubb), will premier on MTV2’s Headbanger’s Ball on Saturday April 16th.

‘Simple Human’ comes from the band’s new album, FWX.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Metropolis Part 2 said:
So? Who cares. Lots of good bands get on that fagcocking shithell-fashioncrap motherfucking Hot-Topic gawfic show featuring that fagcore himself.

Gee aren't we chipper today. I think it's cool Fates will be played on National TV personally.

Bryant

Somewhere, I have snippets on VHS of their appearance on HBB after the release of "Parallels," premiering "Through Different Eyes."

Metropolis Part 2 said:
So? Who cares. Lots of good bands get on that fagcocking shithell-fashioncrap motherfucking Hot-Topic gawfic show featuring that fagcore himself.
So what the fuck was that all about? And no, lots of good bands do not get on that show. Need more bands like FW on the HBB.

Somewhere, I have snippets on VHS of their appearance on HBB after the release of "Parallels," premiering "Through Different Eyes."
Yeah, I remember seeing a video for 'Silent Cries' a time or two, as well.

TheWhisper said:
So what the fuck was that all about? And no, lots of good bands do not get on that show. Need more bands like FW on the HBB.

Yeah, I remember seeing a video for 'Silent Cries' a time or two, as well.

HBB is how I discovered Fates Warning, but it was almost 17 years ago. (Yikes!)

Shaye

Metropolis Part 2 said:

Well excuse the fuck out of me you cock bite. I happen to think that most if not all of what the HHB playes these days sucks. I find it cool that they may actually play something I like. And it looks like there are others here that feel the same way. So the answer to your questions is, these people care. Now, go fuck yoursel! :hotjump:

I think it's time for another one of Ruthven's "Great Goth Rants."

I'll post it later tonight, or possibly tomorrow, unless I just get bored and don't bother. But for the love of all, learn something about the actual subculture before using the term as a dumping ground for music you don't like.

Ruthven said:
I think it's time for another one of Ruthven's "Great Goth Rants."

I'll post it later tonight, or possibly tomorrow, unless I just get bored and don't bother. But for the love of all, learn something about the actual subculture before using the term as a dumping ground for music you don't like.

he said gawf...not goth

dargormudshark said:
he said gawf...not goth

True, but I'm getting touchy.

Funny thing is, I am probably more of a metal fan than I am a goth rock fan, but I don't like to see any subculture misrepresented. Funny thing is, on the goth boards I frequent, I usually wind up posting these same sentiments in reverse - convincing goths to quit assuming that all metalheads are into nu metal and metalcore. :Spin:

Yngvai X said:
yea you're lucky to get 1 good video in that entire 2 hour block. Although one night I was watching last year and they played Arch Enemy, Bodom, Evergrey, and Iced Earth all in the same show.
Evergrey, there's your one good video...you just proved your point... :D

Metropolis Part 2 said:
If there's "lots of good bands" on the show, then why describe it as "fagcocking shithell-fashioncrap motherfucking Hot-Topic gawfic show"? And for the record, I think Jamie is a pretty cool host. He's not who I wold have chosen (I would have had the Beer Goddess to host the show), but he does a good job with it.

Zod

jaimek said:

I too have that somewhere.
Best part is when moron Rickie Rackman ( whatever ) says " so, this is a concept album"
and Matheos says " you could call it that...you be WRONG but you can call it that "

:tickled:

DreamNeonBlack said:
I too have that somewhere.
Best part is when moron Rickie Rackman ( whatever ) says " so, this is a concept album"
and Matheos says " you could call it that...you be WRONG but you can call it that "

:tickled:
Rachtman was a tool... :D

I actually think the ball is decent. Sure they play some shit but the old ball did to. Everybody seems to remember HBB being great but it was almost the same. A few videos you wanted to see and the rest sucked. You didn't need all those hair bands on there when they played them 24 hours a day anyway. That used to drive me crazy and I liked some of those bands too! When they started up the ball again I thought it was going to be all Korn, Limp Bizkit, and Linkin Park type stuff. They actually stay away from most of those bands. I just record it with my DVR and then scan through what I want to see. :cool:

SavaRon said:
Everybody seems to remember HBB being great but it was almost the same. A few videos you wanted to see and the rest sucked.

The same thing can be said about MTV in general. Sure, MTV used to show better videos than they do now (not that that's saying a whole lot...), but I remember most of the videos from the mythic Golden Age of Metal on MTV being hair metal bands singing ballads and/or badly attempting to become blues rock acts (which, to me, was far more annoying than "metalcore" bands could ever be). I also remember Krokus being played often as well.

I started watching HBB in the late '80's/early '90's, and for every Fates Warning or Iron Maiden video, they would show something annoying. I remember right before HBB got cancelled in the 1990's, there were playing stuff that even I didn't consider metal (like Blind Melon's "No Rain"...WTF was that all about?!?). Whether it was glam metal, grunge rock, nu metal, or metalcore, the ratio between "real" metal and popular hard rock has always been the exact same.