Fav Travis Smith work

dg

Apr 20, 2003
Switzerland
www.nightshadeweb.com
Hey I'm curious... what's your favourite Travis Smith's work?

Personally I like the work he did with The 4ge of Silence... it's great.

But my favourite are probably the latest Anathema: the frontcover is so impressive, so desolate
and the pic of the angel in a container inside Katatonia's Viva Emptiness as well as the front cover of this album.
I also was quite impressed by his work on Katatonia's box: the Black Sessions

I wish Travis would do a picture of a horses head on a human body, or a zebras head

dg said:
Hey I'm curious... what's your favourite Travis Smith's work?

Personally I like the work he did with The 4ge of Silence... it's great.

But my favourite are probably the latest Anathema: the frontcover is so impressive, so desolate
and the pic of the angel in a container inside Katatonia's Viva Emptiness as well as the front cover of this album.
I also was quite impressed by his work on Katatonia's box: the Black Sessions

HAHA. Perhaps i will, if I ever have a reason.

The Age Of Silence is definitely a cool cover. Personally I like what he did on the Winds album, simple yet stunning. The work he did on Terria was also amazing! Power Symphony's "Lightbringer" is another killer cover, often overlooked I think.

I can't choose, but I want to say congratulations for the booklet of the latest DVD of Anathema. I waited long till I buy the DVD, just to make sure that the booklet wouldn't be missing ( I had heard that the first copies of the DVD hadn't the booklet).

I also want to say that I enjoy opening the Demons and Wizards digipack, just to see the skeleton fiddler coming out...!!!

I don't know, but I like the eerie shots on the covers of Opeth's Damnation and Deliverance.

They were nice on the DVD when the effects were faded in and out on the menu.

I like the cover for Draconian's Where Lovers Mourn. Very eerie.

Both of Zero Hour's albums have cool covers. There are many facets to the appearances that I'm trying to work through, but it's cool in itself.

Novembers Doom - "To Welcome The Fade", because it had so much meaning behind it as far as what the general lyrical content and the personal strife Paul has experienced. It really brought the whole thing together.

I'm also a very big fan of the Novembers Doom To Welcome the Fade. But in general I'm a very big fan of your work. I also bought the Anathema DVD....But I didn't get the damn booklet with it

^ I agree. Ghost Reveries is not only my fave work by Travis, it is simply the most beautiful coverart I have yet seen. I'm a HUGE fan of this kind of imagery.

Something about the candles...and the smoke. Pure brilliance!

I will also say that Ghost Reveries is a great work of art. Captured excellent atmosphere with the cover and have also captured the hearts of the Opeth fans (just check the forum, they can't stop talking about it). Grade A job there.