Sacred Reich - Ignorance
Surfin Nicaragua
American Way

Nuclear Assault - Survive

D.R.I. - Crossover
Four of a Kind
Thrash Zone

Testament- Practice What you Preach

Among ones already mentioned several times.. im lucky to have seen alot of these groups live back in the 80's...

Toad Lord said:
Thrash is my least favourite Metal genre so far, but I still listen to lots of stuff from the 80s...
well, I feel tempted to say that Anthrax's "Among The Living" is the best Thrash album ever made (and the only Anthrax album I actually enjoy), but as it has to be outside the big 4, I have to vote for PENTAGRAM (Chilean band, not the Turkish or American with the same name)... their self-title album was rather groundbreaking back in the years.

The chilean Pentagram was a fantastic band !!

BUT I think the Turkish Pentagram's first album is one of the most VICIOUS sounding thrash records of the 80's :kickass: it just drips with absolute nihilism, an absolute blazing classic that is overlooked over by many !!

ElectricWiz said:
Venom

....definately all great. Not pure thrash, but all fast and metal.

Listen to the new Venom album now they're definitively thrash IMO.

Dodens Grav said:
Actually, I didn't mean only to address that scene, I just realuzed that I hadn't. Btw, the following are from said scene:

Bywar - Invincible War
Bywar - Heretic Signs
Chakal - Abominable Anno Domini
Expulser - The Unholy One
Mutilator - Immortal Force
Sepultura - Schizophrenia
Sepultura - Beneath The Remains

I supposed since I never heard of them (except Sepultura). BTW I will call Sepultura more death than thrash, same with Dorsal Atlantica, have you heard them?

[QUOTE=:headbang: anyone who knows the existance of pentagram's debut is allright in my thrash books...hail turkish cult.
about the best thrash outside the big 4 SISSY (MINUS SLAYER UPTO 1990),well let me say that it is the big 4's fault thrash died in the first place,as people were too interested in them than to go and support under-rated talents as:

ACROPHET : CORRUPT MINDS (NOW THIS IS WHAT I CALL THRASH) :hotjump:
PROTECTOR : GOLEM:headbang:
MESSIAH : EXTREME COLD WEATHER :worship:
HOLY TERROR : MIND WARS :headbang:
EXHORDER : SLAUGHTER IN THE VATICAN :worship:
SEVENTH ANGEL : LAMENT TO THE WEARY ( I DON'T CARE IF THEY ARE CHRISTIAN,THEY THRASH HARDER THAN MANY SECULAR SHIT ) :worship:
CORONER : PUNISHMENT FOR DECADENCE :worship:
DEVASTATION : IDOLATRY :headbang:
INCUBUS : SERPENT TEMPTATION :headbang:

AND 1000 MORE,THE LIST WOULD BE ENDLESS.
THRASH TIL DEATH :headbang: