fave Entombed album?

which one do you like best?

• Total voters

SculptedCold

-scented manbeef-
May 9, 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
Curious to hear what people's fave Entombed album is. I've got Left Hand Path, which I found dissapointing after all the stuff i'd read about it being so influential and amazing. I've got Wolverine Blues, which is ok, and I recently got Uprising, which I think totally kicks ass! I love that guitar tone, and Petrov sounds strangely like a cross between Tom Araya and Neurosis' vocalist. I'm wondering if I should bother getting Clandestine or Morning Star.

What's your fave?

wolverine blues
wolv.gif

Entombed are one of my all time favourite bands. I've been a fan since the brilliant Left Hand Path was released. My vote went to Clandestine, which I totaly hail to this day, as being one of the most relentless Death Metal albums ever put together. The only time they ever dissapointed me was with the Same Difference release, morphing their sound they created with Wolverine Blues and To Ride... with an even more stripped down, simpler approach, diving deeper into their hardcore/indie influnces. But I thought they achieved the goal on a better note with Uprising and Morning Star. I found Morning Star to be a slight return to form, bringing back that Entombed angst I was starting to miss. All in all, a brilliant band. And if you get the chnce to see them live, DO IT! They are still one of the best bands I have ever witnessed in a live inviroment. Brutal!

Pretty good idea for a thread. Everyone seems to hate that Same Difference album, even everyone in Entombed. I can't judge which one those albums are the best since I only have their Morning Star album. But man, I loved that album, it reminded me of Slayer a lot. I like their new death n roll sound but I also like their earlier sound when they sounded like traditional death metal so I'm definately getting their first 2 albums.

Clandestine, but Left Hand Path is a very close second place. Both records are some of the best and most influental Death Metal albums ever released. Unfortunately Entombed changed their style after their second output into the Punk/Rock'n'Roll direction. That's why I don't like their albums after Clandestine. It's the same with Germany's Atrocity which I also like just the first two releases from. The only Death Metal band I can think of right now which I like despite turning to Death'n'Roll was Holland's Gorefest. Sadly they are no more.