Vote: your fave Anathema album!

Your favourite Anathema album? Choose only one!

• The Crestfallen EP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Serenades

• Pentecost III EP

• The Silent Enigma

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Eternity

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Alternative 4

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • Judgement

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • A Fine Day To Exit

Votes: 10 15.6%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Don Corleone
honestly, is A4 your sixth choice?
Odd indeed, even more when Eternity is his fave, A4 is the album that comes closest in style to Eternity than any other Anathema album...

And about Darren, you can say whatever you like about his "technical" skills as a singer, fact is that his vocals are very effective in bringing across his emotions to the listener, just listen to "Sweet Tears" or "They Die" (read those lyrics!) and tell me you're not moved..? His vocals are just so desperately emotional...

Anyway, it's all just a matter of opinion and you can't argue that...

honestly, is A4 your sixth choice?

I have mixed feelings about A4. I love some of it and I hate some of it. Sure, the production is great but I like the harsh production of Eternity. I think it adds to the strain and sorrow of teh music. Also, I tend to rate CDs as a whole, meaning the artwork and layout, as well as the music. A4 just doesn't do it for me....
I can't explain. Damn... I'm frustrated.
nevermind

but, terry, i really wonder, and i think it's ok to talk about him. even danny said "fuck pybus"...all right send me a private message if necessary

I'd like to know too.

You can't just say, "don't worry about Pybus, he sucks" etc without explaining why.

That's not a good enough reason for me to stop liking someone.

Wasn't it just because he wasn't turning up to practice, and in the studio he'd just come in and record his parts then leave again... Obviously it'd take more than that for Danny to hang that much shite on him though.

The Silent Enigma. great songs, great atmosphere, great vocals and great tour in march 96

Originally posted by requiem
Wasn't it just because he wasn't turning up to practice, and in the studio he'd just come in and record his parts then leave again... Obviously it'd take more than that for Danny to hang that much shite on him though.

we could tell you all the shit he's done but i could bet my mother that the messages would be deleted by the bi-puss lover. but maybe we should give a try hehe ?

peace,
mehdi

Originally posted by Sopel

but it doesn't change fact that pybus' "anyone, anywhere" is one of most liked songs of anathema, it's not my favourite song from "judgement", but i heard loads of opinions saying that it's marvellous song.

cheesiest lyrics ever for an anathema song. sounds like dreambreed. böh.

peace,
mehdi

Anyone ever heard of Primate Messages?

How about writing a few and putting us all out of our misery if you don't have the balls to write it here....

How about writing a few and putting us all out of our misery if you don't have the balls to write it here....

are you trying to get us pissed so we got angry then explode? :D

pitäkää hauskaa kaikille,
mehdi

Originally posted by Terry Armageddon
I know he aint worth it but that album sums up that period for me when I was shit on from a great height and lied about in the press. After carrying yous for years. Thats fair enough eh?:confused:

absolutely it is. i was too rash to write this remark and i know that duncan has never EVER spread lies about anyone. at the end of the day, the people in this forum don't need to know the details but take it from me, pybus is not fit to shine duncan pattersons boots.
he has lied and manipulated people against duncan and the rest of us and he thinks he is above alot of people. he was NEVER into the band for the music.(i could go on)
I made anyone anywhere happen because he had NO INTEREST in doing anything musically with us. i wish i had never been so stupid as to ask him to join anathema.

mega, dont you dare remove this message.
i have censored this message myself as it was twice as long, but i dont feel so proud about myself as to submit it.

danny cavanagh

ps. totally right about darren white too, i told him a couple of years ago that i owe him one because his motivation and hard work got the band signed and up there doing klepperock and all that. well in daz!
:headbang:

Originally posted by mehdi.i.e.e.e

are you trying to get us pissed so we got angry then explode? :D

pitäkää hauskaa kaikille,
mehdi

Uh, now this is very off topic (and probably irrelevant) but that Finnish sentence makes much more sense if you remove that 'kaikille'. Just a thought.

yeah i guess so, that's what happened when i try to write finnish words by myself :D
thanks for info anyway mate!

vittun rauha,
mehdi

Primate messages... :lol:

Well, it sounds like a bit of bad blood going on there.

I hope the future will prove to be smoother.

hmm well i gotta say Judgement... i have TSE, Eternity, Judgement and Alternative 4, but i have listened to Judgement the most... that is perhaps why i like it the most though, at first i thought it was bland until i learned all the lyrics and knew all the melodies by heart... erhaps the other discs will grow on me.

Well, it sounds like a bit of bad blood going on there.

bad blood? no hard feelings from me. it's just a message board, and it doesn't really make me feel upset - i have other worries to think about :)

rauha,
mehdi

bad blood? no hard feelings from me. it's just a message board, and it doesn't really make me feel upset - i have other worries to think about :)

rauha,
mehdi

:bah: hopefully the cross will be uncrossed, the knot unknotted, the crooked made straight and the curse be ended:lol:
but until then...
:Smokedev:

No, no, I mean the bad blood is between Pybus and Cavanagh(s) and Associates.

I quite enjoy a spirited discussion. It's good for the soul. :)