Vote: your fave Anathema album!

Your favourite Anathema album? Choose only one!

• The Crestfallen EP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Serenades

• Pentecost III EP

• The Silent Enigma

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Eternity

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Alternative 4

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • Judgement

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • A Fine Day To Exit

Votes: 10 15.6%

• Total voters
That's pretty tough.

I went with 'A Fine Day' almost immediately. But by voting for that I thought I was doing the other albums a disservice!

hey, what about 'All Faith Is Lost'? this is my favourite Anathema release, because after the 2nd song that band become too commercial and mainstream.

okay i'm kidding :D

it was an obvious choice for me : 'alternative 4'. this one is the best album ever for me, whatever band/style. and right now this albums gets the 1st place in this poll =) hope it'll end like this =)

peace,
mehdi

You are asking for something impossible *g* :rolleyes:
Which Anathema I listen to is very up to my mood so I can't decide for one album as the best. I can only say which one I would like to listen right now. The last two hours I was sitting in a biochemistry course, thinking about this years Graspop :loco: and there was a "I don't care where you go.." floating through my mind.. so it's AFDTE for me now.. but wait till I get home.. maybe I'll change my mind till then *ggg* :D

Originally posted by Don Corleone
is it a coincidence that no one picked from the albums on which darren sang? i really hate his vox. duncan patterson said that, too, once.

well, i prefer 'alternative 4' myself, but some of the songs sung by Darren are just wonderful : 'Kingdom' [i really DO love this one], 'Sleepless' [i prefer the 96 version tho], or 'Crestfallen'. i like his vocals on The Blood Divine's albums. but well, he's more of a poet/lyricist than a singer for sure.

anyway i can't wait to listen to Dead Men Dream!

peace,
mehdi

Originally posted by Don Corleone
is it a coincidence that no one picked from the albums on which darren sang? i really hate his vox. duncan patterson said that, too, once.
I just think the "old and true" fans haven't voted in the poll yet...

My vote went to Alternative 4 too, but I like the old stuff, Serenades is a great album, Darren's growls are just so suicidal depressing, love it!

Now please don't diss me again like you did in the "Ultimate Doom/depressing" thread, cause I just might :cry: again...

@Mehdi, yeah Kingdom is a great song, so is "Mine Is Yours To Drown In", superrrrrr heavy! I haven't heard this '96 version of Sleepless (another great song!), it must be on one of those compilations then eh? I don't have those...

yop yop there,

Originally posted by MadTinus
I haven't heard this '96 version of Sleepless (another great song!), it must be on one of those compilations then eh? I don't have those...

oh it's a shame because that version is really good. Vinny's vocals are really cool and if i remember well he's backed up by Michelle Richfield on the chorus. the tempo is a bit faster too.

it's been released on the japanese version of 'Eternity' first i think. i'm not sure it's been released again on these crappy 'Resonance' CDs. check it on this site.

anyway it's really worth being heard i think.

peace,
mehdi

oh and speaking about Darren, those who like 'Pentecost III' have to check the albums he released with his band called The Blood Divine, especially the first album they released, 'Awaken', which really kicks ass.

peace,
mehdi

Eternity, because that's the one that had the big impact on me. Pentecost runs a not-so-close second. Serenades, A4, Crestfallen, and TSE all tie for 3rd, then Judgement.

AFDTE is somewhere waaaaaaaaaayyyyy off in the distance.........

Oh yeah, and The Blood Divine were awesome. Mystica showed a band with a ton of potential, I really liked what Darren was doing with his vocals. Shame it collapsed..... :(

Originally posted by yourdeadgroom
Oh yeah, and The Blood Divine were awesome. Mystica showed a band with a ton of potential, I really liked what Darren was doing with his vocals. Shame it collapsed..... :(

well, if you like The Blood Divine's 'Mystica', then you should watch out for Darren's new band, called Dead Men Dream. the few bits i heard was kinda in the same vein as The Blood Divine's second album.

peace,
mehdi

it's good to see that ALTERNATIVE 4 MEN is the getting the first place in the votes anyway. you guys should take it as a precious information for the coming album :D

We waNt DepREsSioN aND OVeR tHe EDgE sUiCIdAL aRTiSTiC ExPReSsIoN oF dESpAiR gOd DAmN!

[just kidding]

peace,
mehdi