Favorite 1-2 Punch

Behemoth: Zos Kia Cultus & Demigod
Children of Bodom - Follow the Reaper & Hate Crew Deathroll -I don't listen to these as often as I did 20 years ago but when I do it is usually 2 or 3 times in a row! :kickass:

Those were my two favorite Behemoth albums back when I listened to them. Didn't really care for the stuff before that but those were solid.

I've actually had a little bit of a desire to re-visit CoB for some reason. I guess because I've been digging into the old Melodic Death Metal a little bit while I'm in this OSDM phase.

I actually saw both of those bands live but I didn't catch much of the CoB show because I was interviewing Amon Amarth and I was already losing my interest in them.

Reactions: zerostatic
COB was one of the first extreme metal bands I listened to outside of the big 4 when I started to get into metal. I played Hatebreeded over and over again on a road trip back around 2001. Follow the Reaper and Hate Crew deathroll still are regulars in my listening rotation. I have tried with later COB, but usually end up switching back to Follow the Reaper. :kickass:

Follow the Reaper was my favorite back when, but I never really dug into the earlier stuff. I'm listening to it and Hatebreeder now. The keyboards are definitely more obnoxious on FtR but it's a good album. Hatebreeder seems a little more well-composed and I think I'd favor it now. I would say Alexi was a great guitarist, an OK vocalist, and a horrible lyricist.

Reactions: zerostatic
Yeah I'd definitely say Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper, rather than Follow the Reaper and Hate Crew. Hatebreeder was the first Scandinavian metal albums I ever bought, along with some early In Flames.

Reactions: SonOfNun
I was never into CoB at all, but my girlfriend was/is and plays some songs every now and then. I must say, the guitars are really good most of the time, but I absolutely cannot stand the vocals and lyrics, which was what turned me off back when I was a teenager as well.

Reactions: SonOfNun