ROYAL CARNAGE APRIL MADNESS: Round #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark One said:
Whatever. GO BATHORY, WHOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think Opeth will win anyway, but at least then they'll have done it fair and square. It's still wrong, but at least then the wrong opinions belong to RC regulars.

I didn't run that poll :Smug: Seriously though, to retain some trace of sanity in this, I'm going to draw the line at people who have NEVER posted in the RC forum before. And yes, as far as I know everyone who voted Bathory over Opeth in the band poll had posted several times in the forum before.

Here I'll tally up what's happening so far:

Slayer - 15
Megadeth - 22
Vicodin - 420987409874

Dark One:
Myself said:
so I'm currently leaning towards disallowing votes by people who have never once posted in this forum before.
Realistically though, most of these are indeed what I'd call "regulars". Maybe you have a better way of deciding who's going to be counted? How do you define a "regular"? Five posts a day? Less? More? I'm not going to draw a line like that, however I reckon it's very fair to say that if you have NEVER posted here before, you have nothing to do in a poll about which albums the Royal Carnage crowd likes best.

PRELIMINARY RESULTS, less than 12 hours left to vote:

Valid voters: MajestikMøøse, En Vind Av Sorg, fotmbm, One Inch Man, IOfTheStorm, lurch70, Erik, Chromatose, Crimson Velvet, Russell, Lutz, J., Vilden, Nate The Great, Carbonized, General Zod, Random Beard, Demonspell, KILL TULLY, Doomcifer, Thanatopsis123, Demilich, Dark One, Henrik Main, ProgMetalFan, spaffe, JayKeeley, Pyrus, jimbobhickville, Opeth17, Ellestin, Dev.

Hammers of Misfortune "The Bastard" 11 Burzum "Hvis Lyset Tar Oss" 19
Judas Priest "Stained Class" 15 Meshuggah "Chaosphere" 14
Anathema "Judgement" 14 Venom "Black Metal" 14 <--- TIE
Skepticism "Stormcrowfleet" 22 Helloween "Walls of Jericho" 6
Ulver "Bergtatt" 21 Dimmu Borgir "Stormblåst" 8
Kreator "Coma of Souls" 14 Graveland "Thousand Swords" 11
Mayhem "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas" 20 Suffocation "Pierced From Within" 8
Pagan Altar "Vol. 1" 5 Drudkh "Autumn Aurora" 22
Isis "Panopticon" 12 Amorphis "Tales From the Thousand Lakes" 15
Megadeth "Rust in Peace" 24 Vader "Litany" 5
Motörhead "Overkill" 14 Deicide "Deicide" 11
Mercyful Fate "Don't Break the Oath" 14 Celtic Frost "Morbid Tales" 13
Testament "The Legacy" 25 Cradle of Filth "Dusk... And Her Embrace" 3
Empyrium "Songs of Moors and Misty Fields" 18 Death Angel "The Ultra-Violence" 10
In Flames "The Jester Race" 18 Sentenced "Amok" 8
Stratovarius "Destiny" 0 Enslaved "Vikingligr Veldi" 27
Sodom "Agent Orange" 13 Saint Vitus "Born Too Late" 9
Kayo Dot "Choirs of the Eve" 9 Neurosis "Through Silver in Blood" 11
Manowar "Hail to England" 3 Metallica "Ride the Lightning" 29
Mastodon "Leviathan" 8 Emperor "In the Nightside Eclipse" 23
The Lord Weird Slough Feg "Twilight of the..." 13 In the Woods... "HEart of the Ages" 16
Accept "Balls to the Wall" 10 My Dying Bride "Turn Loose the Swans" 15
Dio "Holy Diver" 9 Candlemass "Nightfall" 21

More to come as I count 'em

Of those I've heard...

Bracket 1:
Burzum "Hvis Lyset Tar Oss"
Judas Priest "Stained Class"
Anathema "Judgement"
Skepticism "Stormcrowfleet"
Ulver "Bergtatt"
Kreator "Coma of Souls"
Mayhem "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas"
Drudkh "Autumn Aurora"
Amorphis "Tales From the Thousand Lakes"
Megadeth "Rust in Peace"
Motörhead "Overkill"
Celtic Frost "Morbid Tales"
Dawn "Slaughtersun"
Exciter "Violence and Force"

Bracket 2:
Testament "The Legacy"
Empyrium "Songs of Moors and Misty Fields"
In Flames "The Jester Race"
Enslaved "Vikingligr Veldi"
Sodom "Agent Orange"
Metallica "Ride the Lightning"
Emperor "In the Nightside Eclipse"
The Lord Weird Slough Feg "Twilight of the Idols"
My Dying Bride "Turn Loose the Swans"
Dio "Holy Diver"
Darkthrone "Transilvanian Hunger"
Immolation "Close to a World Below"
Mithras "Worlds Beyond the Veil"
Deströyer 666 "Cold Steel... For an Iron Age"
Borknagar "Quintessence"

Bracket 3:
Primordial "Spirit the Earth Aflame"
Dissection "Storm of the Light's Bane"
Iron Maiden "Powerslave"
Immortal "Pure Holocaust"
Satyricon "Nemesis Divina"
Dark Tranquillity "The Gallery"
Pantera "Cowboys From Hell"
Death "Scream Bloody Gore"
Dark Angel "Darkness Descends"
Nile "Black Seeds of Vengeance"
Nokturnal Mortum "Goat Horns"
Hate Forest "Battlefields"
Xasthur "Nocturnal Poisoning"
Rotting Christ "Thy Mighty Contract"

Bracket 4:
Summoning "Dol Guldur"
Destruction "Eternal Devastation"
Morbid Angel "Altars of Madness"
Exodus "Bonded by Blood"
Sepultura "Beneath the Remains"
Bathory "Blood Fire Death"
Slayer "Reign in Blood"
Agalloch "Pale Folklore"
Blut Aus Nord "The Work Which Transforms God"
Beherit "Drawing Down the Moon"
The Chasm "Deathcult for Eternity: The Triumph"
Blind Guardian "Nightfall in Middle Earth"
Eucharist "A Velvet Creation"
Edge of Sanity "Crimson"
Astrofaes "Heritage"

Erik said:
so I'm currently leaning towards disallowing votes by people who have never once posted in this forum before.

Erik:

Erik said:
I think Opeth will win anyway, but at least then they'll have done it fair and square. It's still wrong, but at least then the wrong opinions belong to RC regulars.
......or to people who have posted here before on rare occasions, thus apparently making them regulars.

Erik said:
I reckon it's very fair to say that if you have NEVER posted here before, you have nothing to do in a poll about which albums the Royal Carnage crowd likes best.

Right, and apparently if you have EVER posted here, regardless of the number of times, you are considered part of the Royal Carnage crowd. And it's so amazing how the people who have rarely posted on the RC board before (but are considered eligible to vote) are all of a sudden around these parts.

Fine. It's currently 16-13 to Bathory with the following people considered valid voters:

MajestikMøøse, En Vind Av Sorg, fotmbm, One Inch Man, IOfTheStorm, lurch70, Erik, Chromatose, Crimson Velvet, Russell, Lutz, J., Vilden, Nate The Great, Carbonized, General Zod, Random Beard, Demonspell, KILL TULLY, Doomcifer, Thanatopsis123, Demilich, Dark One, Henrik Main, ProgMetalFan, spaffe, JayKeeley, Pyrus, jimbobhickville, Opeth17, Ellestin, Dev, Décadent.

Whom of those do you want do have removed for not being "regular" enough? Hmm, Vilden perhaps? Lutz (though he posts in pretty much ONLY this forum for the last few years?) Oh fine, two votes gone. Bathory's still ahead by one. Now can we PLEASE get on with this already? You're very vehement in trying to fuck the results up, but I will do what I can to keep it as accurate as possible, so I'm not going to be swayed by not-so-clever word twisting. Sorry. :)

Erik said:
You're very vehement in trying to fuck the results up, but I will do what I can to keep it as accurate as possible

Exactly. It's ALL about Bathory. Go Bathory!!!!!!!!! Whoooo-Hoooooooooooo!!!!!!!! Bathory fanboys aren't nearly as gay as Opeth fanboys. Who would you like to see win again?

Bathory fanboys aren't nearly as gay as Opeth fanboys.
True, but that's beside the point. The POINT is to accurately reflect the tastes of the Royal Carnage forum, and I'm sorry if the RC board has less of love for Opeth than the Opeth board and the truth isn't to your liking. You're welcome to paste a copy of this poll in the Opeth forum and call it the "OPETH FORUM APRIL MADNESS" if you like, but here, I'm going to count the votes of the Royal Carnage forum people. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.