Favorite 2014 release so far?

OCCULTATION - Silence In The Ancestral House is kicking my dick sirloin in. Melodic doomy stuff with chick vocals and great atmosphere (released this month on PL). Check it out.

6168922311410_main.jpg

http://profoundlorerecords.bandcamp.com/album/silence-in-the-ancestral-house

Man. Choosing between Coffins On Io, Z2 and Solens Vemod for my AOTY is like choosing between Alien, Dead Alive and The Wicker Man. Respectively.

ct_thrash: you've heard Z2 by now, right?

KAYO DOT - Coffins On Io
NASHEIM - Solens Vemod
A SUNNY DAY IN GLASGOW - Sea When Absent
LYDIA AINSWORTH - Right From Real
TODD TERJE - It’s Album Time
RUN THE JEWELS - 2
DEVIN TOWNSEND - Z2 / Casualties Of Cool
TOTAL CONTROL - Typical System
SWANS - To Be Kind
THE HORRORS - Luminous

Honorable mentions: ARIEL PINK - pom pom; OCCULTATION - Silence In The Ancestral House; PERFUME GENIUS - Too Bright; APHEX TWIN - Syro; PHARMAKON - Bestial Burden

Different. This is a hot chick who makes noise music and yells.

But yes, I remember Farmakon. Think I reviewed that shit for "Royal Carnage," in fact

Also, I googled the lead singer's name and looked at the google images. One of the pics was of some fucked up show (not of Pharmakon) with some Japanese broad ass-fingering some naked chick on all fours with the crowd gathering around watching. My wife looked over and made a comment and hasn't spoken to me since. WTF? :lol:

Note to everyone: Never get married.

Conversation for your next dinner?

noLOL :( Sorry man

Got drunk and listened to "Supper's Ready". Twas ace.

Also, I googled the lead singer's name and looked at the google images. One of the pics was of some fucked up show (not of Pharmakon) with some Japanese broad ass-fingering some naked chick on all fours with the crowd gathering around watching.
Found it. Thanks!

Only marry people into weird music/art. Or what is that John Waters thing? Here we go:
My dear,

We need to make books cool again. If you go home with somebody and they don’t have books, don’t fuck them. Don’t let them explore you until they’ve explored the secret universes of books. Don’t let them connect with you until they’ve walked between the lines on the pages.

Books are cool, if you have to withhold yourself from someone for a bit in order for them to realize this then do so.

Truly yours,
John Samuel Waters
I found this on the internet, so I am 100% certain that he said exactly those words.

"don't fuck someone unless they have a bookcase filled with shit they read once then placed on a shelf to collect dust"

materialism uber alles

"don't fuck someone unless they have a bookcase filled with shit they read once then placed on a shelf to collect dust"

materialism uber alles
in actual reality, you can be pretty sure that someone who doesn't own any books also doesn't read