Favorite album to this day?

kasanova

New Metal Member
Sep 17, 2014
It doesn't necessarily have to be a metal album, per say.
Mine would be "The Undertake" by Funeral Diner. It's an awesome album but it's not a metal album.

And that's a fucking awesome album, no less.

It's hard to pick a favorite, but if I wanted to take it in the sense of the album that just meant the most to me? Like an album that's that one album I can listen to whenever and have an attachment to? Probably The Downward Spiral. It was the first CD I bought for myself and I listened to it obsessively for months (oh the days before music was on the internet...), and at this point I can run through the whole thing in my head in almost real time.

However, you got me itching for Funeral Diner.

I couldnt pin down a particular long lasting album, but I think Soilwork has pretty much been my favorite band since I discovered them. I have to be in the mood usually for any given other band/genre, but Soilwork is always welcome.

fd08d3d60d7c485b72f0e7116690f84be3e73e8d.jpg

Not metal but still puts me on as much of a feels trip as it did when I first heard it at 14.

Tough one but always fun to think about, especially because the answer changes over time. Right now, if I could only listen to one album ever again, it would probably be something like Dreaming Neon Black by Nevermore, Ruun by Enslaved or Ocean Machine by Dev T.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a metal album, per say.
Mine would be "The Undertake" by Funeral Diner. It's an awesome album but it's not a metal album.

You mean "The Underdark", no? :loco:

As to the question... For metal it is probably Hvis Lyset Tar Oss and Belus. In my latter teens these albums just resonated with me. The mood and the atmosphere.