Favorite Lead Vocalist and Why?

I almost walked into Frank Mullen in the restroom of Ozzfest this year. Dude looked angry and old up close. I was too stunned say anything in those 3 seconds lol

Daniel Heiman. The perfect power metal vocalist.
I love King Diamond, I try to have my highs sound as awesome as his.
Hansi from Blind Guardian has such a signature sound. And the layering on their albums is insane.
As far as death metal goes I have always liked John Gallagher from Dying Fetus. Guttural and catchy.

@Terasophe

It is. Pinnacle of Bedlam is better than their recent one, though.

I love this track from their newest album

The last two I haven't been sold on. I think I've only listened to Pinnacle a handful of times since it came out. Still one of my favorite death metal groups otherwise. The first 3 and the Despise the Sun EP are some of the most crushing releases of the genre ever.

I'll have an interview with Robert Stevens (Dark Age) available online in the near future. Even though he didn't make my list, I also might be interviewing John Cyriis (Agent Steel). That should be entertaining if it happens!

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
For me, it's a draw between Dawn Crosby (R.I.P.), Monika Edvardsen and Agnete M. Kirkevaag. Since I like each of them for different reasons, I can't put one of them above the other.

As regards Dawn Crosby, I love the anger she expressed on Détente's "Recognize No Authority" and the haunting multilayered/-faceted vocals on Fear of God's "Within the Veil". In the case of Monika Edvardsen, I love her original, experimental and crazy vocals, especially on Atrox' "Contentum" and "Terrestrials". As for Agnete, the only one still active among these three, I like her soft clean voice as well as her powerful and aggressive (yet usually also still clean) voice very much. My overall favourite Madder Mortem-song "Resonatine" is probably the best example because of the change of dynamics as regards the vocals (as well as the music), though I think "Where Dream and Day Collide" and "Hangman" are also good examples to illustrate what I mean.

Maybe I should also include Dominique Lenore Persi. Even though her extreme vocals sometimes are on the verge of what I can listen to, I like her "normal" voice very much.

And just in case the term "front man" in the initial post was meant to explicitly exclude female vocalists (which I obviously tend to prefer to male vocalists), I'll pick John Arch and Johan Längquist.