Favorite and Least Favorite Vocalists?

Queen is one of my favorite bands of all time. "The Show Must Go On" is fuckin great. Mercury is probably one of my favorite vocalists next to Robert Plant.

As far as metal goes, I would have to go with the classics and stay with Rob Halford and Bruce Dickinson. I thought that Johan Lanquist did a great job on the first Candlemass album.

The least favorite vocalist would have to be Matthew Barlow of Iced Earth. He always sounded like he was going to cry or something.

The least favorite vocalist would have to be Matthew Barlow of Iced Earth. He always sounded like he was going to cry or something.

Iced Earth has a history of sub-par vocalists. How embarrassing it must've been to tell their family members when Tim Owens joined.

"Hey honey, we got the singer from Judas Priest to join our band!"

"Rob Halford?!"

"No...the replacement guy. Tim Owens."

"Oh. Okay."

Tim Owens is the best vocalist that Iced Earth has ever had - and when he was with Judas Priest he killed - not in studio but all the live albums I've heard he just dominated, brought so much energy into the albums.

It was the fucking band holding Tim back on the albums - didn't want him to do good because it'd be embarrassing if they let this new kid come in and dominate more than Halford could at that point, which he by all means could. But they had no control over him live - he slayed.

Anyways :p that got a bit off topic haha

Tim Owens is the best vocalist that Iced Earth has ever had - and when he was with Judas Priest he killed - not in studio but all the live albums I've heard he just dominated, brought so much energy into the albums.

It was the fucking band holding Tim back on the albums - didn't want him to do good because it'd be embarrassing if they let this new kid come in and dominate more than Halford could at that point, which he by all means could. But they had no control over him live - he slayed.

Anyways :p that got a bit off topic haha

Now that you mention it, it is probably the band's songwriting that stifled him. Their songwriting started to weaken exponentially after Something Wicked This Way Comes.

I remember in 2nd grade my bus driver would do the verses for "We Will Rock You" while everyone on the bus would do the "stomp-stomp-clap" routine.
When I was in 2nd Grade we'd all do that stomp-stomp-clap thing at a basketball game and pep rallies, we thought we were bad ass but we were doing Queen.:loco: :lol:

Favorite: Jari Mäenpää, Andreas Hedlund, Fenriz
Least: Phil Anselmo, Alexi Laiho, Cam Pipes

How is he as a vocalist?

Graveyard Slut is a cool song..he has a little more melody than Nocturno Culto.Not as raspy.He still does not "sing" though. on Love In A Void he sort of does...Nocturno does better on vocals..EDIT: they're both good Nocturno seems to fit Darkthrones older stuff better but with the way they have been going who knows? I am impaitently awaiting their new album.

As far as growling and screamed vocals go one of my favorites is the singer of Tulus, its in norwegian and I don't know what he is sayinig, but I know what he means.

Graveyard Slut is a cool song..he has a little more melody than Nocturno Culto.Not as raspy.He still does not "sing" though. on Love In A Void he sort of does...Nocturno does better on vocals..EDIT: they're both good Nocturno seems to fit Darkthrones older stuff better but with the way they have been going who knows? I am impaitently awaiting their new album.

I liked The Cult Is Alive, but I haven't been that impressed with nu-Darkthrone.