Favorite and Least Favorite Vocalists?

It's an excellent album actually... a grower for sure and after a while you can sort of tune out Attila's babbling.

I agree, but I think Attila's voice actually adds to the music once you've accustomed yourself to him.

I do wish I could hear Dead's vocals after some studio enhancement, though; considering how great they were live, God knows what technology could do to make it better. :loco:

Attila vocals really fit Mayhem-De Mysteriis.... and musically it's classic and really hypnotic and trance like.

Attila's vocals sound sinister as fuck! I'll never understand how people prefer Dead over him. Dead's vocals just sounded like your average black metal. Nothing special.

some of my favorites are Lord Worm, Atilla, Dio, Simone Simons, and Peter Tägtgren.

Least favorite, Dani Filth, the guys from Into Eternity, and the fool from Waking the Cadaver.

Dead's vocals were better than Maniac, I really wished someone had got him some help so he wouln't have committed suicide so fast(or at all), Dead is my favorite vocalist of Mayhem, it's just too bad he only has the Live from Leipzig album. (Or am I mistaken)?

You've got it all mixed up. Shagrath sounds like a fucking frog, Attila sounds like a possessed person rantin' the words the demon inside of him is forcing him to say. He is fuckin' great - the ultimate BM vocalist in terms of creating an atmosphere. :oops:

Frog? Um... well he does do some croaking yes... :lol: . But seriously dude... listend to Enthrone Darkness Triumphant... he doesn't sound like a fucking frog there... he sounds like a fucking MONSTER. And Attila sounds like Peter Lorre babbling incoherently. :p

on the Dead vs Maniac debate, my vote goes to Maniac, his vocals on Deathcrush were insane. As far as the argument for the best black metal vocalist, I always liked the crackling sound and later day, high, soft falsetto's of Mirai from Sigh. Shagrath from Dimmu is great though.

Dead's vocals were better than Maniac, I really wished someone had got him some help so he wouln't have committed suicide so fast(or at all), Dead is my favorite vocalist of Mayhem, it's just too bad he only has the Live from Leipzig album. (Or am I mistaken)?

He is on Out From The Dark as well as half the Bootleg of Dawn of the Black Hearts (the one with his suicide photo on it). I believe if I am not mistake he does the vocals on the demo December Moon by Morbid.

Something I have not heard while the topic is on Mayhem but would like to is their earlier death metal/black metal style demo recordings where Euronymous did the vocals.

edit: bit of trivia is that the lyrics on DMDS while performed by Attila were done by Dead.

Favorite:

Amon Amarth
In The Woods
Wolven Ancestry
Silencer
Marblebog
Perimeter
Primordial
Metallica
Arckanum

Least favorite:

Theatre Of Tragedy