favorite ballad?

Zephyrus said:
It had its moments but in general the album was a failed experiment.

i actually really enjoy that album and i think it was something that peter really needed to make. hated it the first time i heard it but it really grew on me. probably should of been a pain album though. probably his best guitar tone in spots i think. whats the track on abducted that comes on before slippin away? i prefer that song more but cant think of the name.

The reason Pain exists is to keep Peter from shitting up Hypocrisy. As evident by the last two releases I'd say it's worked.

The song just before "Slippin Away" is a short instrumental called "Reflections", but before that is the killer song "Carved Up", which is probably the one you're thinking of.

Zephyrus said:
The reason Pain exists is to keep Peter from shitting up Hypocrisy. As evident by the last two releases I'd say it's worked.

The song just before "Slippin Away" is a short instrumental called "Reflections", but before that is the killer song "Carved Up", which is probably the one you're thinking of.

your right. i was confusing slippin away with the song that follows it. my goof. i wouldnt say that a release like catch 22 was shitting up hypocrisy but it did take the band away from death metal and i did miss some of his usual vocal stylings. i did love the balance of styles though on the arrival and virus..well we know how amazing that turned out.

good ballads... nevermore- in memory,the sorrowed man and sentient6
devin townsend band- deep peace, the death of music, etc
brainstorm- heavenly
opeth- harvest
Quite a few others but i dont feel like typing or thinking right now. way to many songs to remember.

IOfTheStorm said:
Ballads that are better than almost every other ballad:

Psychotic Waltz - I Remember, My Grave
Crimson Glory - Lost Reflection
Queensryche - No Sanctuary, Someone Else

never heard psychotic waltz but i do enjoy dead soul tribe.:kickass:

Well, difficult question. I mention some of them are coming easily to my mind.

Manowar - Master of the Wind
Psychotic Waltz - I Remember
Fates Warning - APSOG pt IX
Kamelot - Abandoned
Queensryche - Someone Else?
Dream Theater - Through Her Eyes
Angra - Make Believe
Pain of Salvation - Iter Impius
Pokolgep - Hol van a Szo
Marillion - Easter

Of course there are more, but these songs have come straight to my mind.:)

Two more classics, that you might don't know (as I speak for quite unknown greek bands):

Spitfire - Whispers
Horizon's End - Sandfalls

and another classic (how could I forget?)

Orphaned Land - The Beloved's Cry