Favorite band, Power metal band and Prog metal band

Power Metal - KAMELOT

Prog - SPHERIC UNIVERSE EXPERIENCE

Prog Rock - STARCASTLE

Favorite - NIGHTWISH

My list should surprise no one:

Favorite band: Dream Theater

Favorite Power Metal Band: Kamelot, or Sabaton more recently.

Favorite Power Metal Band (other than DT): Symphony X

All Time Favorite = Deep Purple

Favorite Prog Metal = 1) Dream Theater 2) Symphony X

Favorite Power Metal = 1) Kamelot 2) Orden Ogan

Favorite Prog Rock = 1) Rush 2) ELP 3) King Crimson

All time favorite band: Opeth tied with Agalloch

Favorite Prog Metal: Anubis Gate tied with Seventh Wonder
Favorite Power Metal: Kamelot tied with Blind Guardian
Favorite Prog Rock: King Crimson tied with Gentle Giant

All Time: Probably Iron Maiden, I'd always go back to that.

Power Metal: I'll cheap out and say Kai Hansen, just to get the holy trinity of Helloween/Gamma Ray/Iron Savior.

Prog Metal: Not as much into prog, so I'll have to just say Dream Theater or Devin Townsend.

Favorite overall- Iron Maiden
Favorite power- Iron Savior
Favorite prog- Fates Warning

Favorite overall: That's a really tough one. I'd have to go with Rush. However Led Zeppelin and Van Halen get honorable mentions!
Favorite Power Metal: Stratovarius
Favorite Progressive Metal: Another tough one. I'd have to go with Dream Theater. However Savatage/JOP also gets honorable mentions!

Overall: Porcupine Tree
Power Metal: Blind Guardian (who I really hope do another U.S. tour or festival appearance because I've never seen them live)
Progressive Metal: Devin Townsend

Favorite Overall - RUSH...always and forever.
Favorite Power Metal - Kamelot...because The Black Halo.
Favorite Prog Metal - Dream Theater...though there are a couple of bands creeping up on that spot.

Favorite Band/Artist: Bruce Springsteen

Favorite Metal Band/Artist, overall: Doro

Favorite Power Metal Band/Artist: Dio

Favorite Progressive Metal Band/Artist: Devin Townsend or Dream Theater

I'm surprised at how many Bruce Sprigsteen fans there are on here. By that I mean 2 of them.

I'm surprised at how many Bruce Sprigsteen fans there are on here. By that I mean 2 of them.

I like him too.

Favorite band-DT or Rush, depending on what day it is.

Power metal-Kamelot or Iced Earth.

Prog metal other than DT-The proggy era of Savatage. Huge into Seventh Wonder lately.

Traditional metal-Maiden and early Savatage.

Thrash metal-Testament

NWOAHM-Lamb of God

Not just Tits in a Corset metal-Nightwish.

Miscellaneous bands I love for some odd reason-Steely Dan, Fleetwood Mac, early Chicago.

Lets see, this is at the moment as it changes. Favorite Prog Metal band - Circus Maximus
Favorite Power Metal Band - Brainstorm
Favorite band - Symphony X

I have to throw out Alter Bridge, Tesla, Steve Miller for the best in their particular genres :)

Bear

I'm surprised at how many Bruce SpriNgsteen fans there are on here. By that I mean 2 of them.
Fixed. ;)
Also, I didn't see anyone else mention Springsteen on this thread. Who's the other fan besides me (and gilpdawg)?

Despite just entering my 30s, Springsteen truly is my favorite artist of all time. Been a fan since I was 5 years old and he was the first large arena concert I ever saw (when I was 9 my aunt and uncle took me and my older sister) and I've seen him twice since then. I own every one of his studio albums on CD, most of his older catalog on vinyl, every official DVD he's put out, loads of live bootleg DVDs and CDs, and all of his authorized biographies, plus various other clothing and pieces of rock memorabilia. That's more than I can say about any metal artist I've ever been invested in, except maybe Doro.