Favorite Band with a female singer

Once again, another topic where there's very much mention of Angela Gossow and very little mention of Atrox.

I love good female vox, they put a lot of male "singers" to shame.

Kari Rueslatten (on her solo projects as well as The 3rd and the Mortal)
Atrox
Rain Fell Within, Xandria, Aesma Daeva, chicks from old Dreams of Sanity (all deserved better bands!)
Left Hand Solution
Star of Ash
Avrigus

Arch Enemy's cover of Aces High was seriously NO WAY NEAR as bad as their cover of Megadeth's "Symphony Of Destruction." That's the worst cover of any song, in any genre that I've ever heard and that I ever will hear EVER. Angela Gossow should be punched right in her annoying face.

Personally...I like Otep....she screams all purdy :loco:

actually I like the savage, raw emotion she conveys...although
I still can not forgive for the 2nd half of House of Secrets though...

Hahah, I don't think there's really been a "non-Monika period" yet, as they haven't released anything since she left two years ago. I don't know what their status is or what they're doing.

The first Lacuna Coil 'In A Reverie' is a great disk. The following albums are very inconsistent only having a few good songs and moments. Lacuna Coil's more heavy simplistic approach did not exactly work well for them. The band developed lousy song writing after 'In A Reverie'.

Barking Pumpkin said:
Hahah, I don't think there's really been a "non-Monika period" yet, as they haven't released anything since she left two years ago. I don't know what their status is or what they're doing.

Well, she is out of the band now. They are up to something, but theyre website is down.

genocide roach said:
the gathering. i like anneke's style.
~gR~
oh yeah, for fucking sure. wouldn t mind if they put a new disc out. be nice to hear another disc like mandylion but the last couple were great too.

The Greys said:
The Gathering 'Mandylion', Anneke is the best female vocalist imo. 'Always' is a great doom album but does not have anneke, think the growler from Orphanage.

Theatre of Tragedy 'Velvet Darkness They Fear'. The music sounds heavily influenced by My Dying Bride. It's cool hearing a female vocalist and someone growling right along. Like someone said it sounds like beauty & the beast. Bring Forth ye Shadow is an amazing song.

Heavy doomy guitars and atmosphere does it for me. Doom & Gloom
\m/(><)\m/

Lacuna Coil 'in a reveria'. Christina Scabbia is hot as hell and sounds great.

Anekke is hot too.
anneke-van-giersbergen.jpg
this guy knows too. cant believe hes on that shitty poll of eriks. :headbang: not the best pic i ve ever seen of her though.

HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES ARCH ENEMY HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES HOLY MOSES