Favorite bands?

kalmah42090

Jul 12, 2007
Florida
www.myspace.com
I am sure almost all of us listen to other bands besides Kalmah, and even though Kalmah is my absolute favorite, I think it would be cool to hear what other bands people listen too, to introduce each other to new music!

My other favorites would have to be:
Arsis
Wintersun
Dark Tranquillity

Emperor/Behemoth/Carpathian Forest/Old Dimmu Borgir/Norther/Old Bodom/Old Mans Child/Burzum/Mayhem/Skyfire/Kalmah.

Best melo death is Kalmah and the best black metal is probably Emperor. :headbang:

^Give it time.
Emperor may take a while to sink in, but when it finally settles, it sure as hell stays :)

Now, well obviously Kalmah...
- Anything by any of the swanö-brothers (Nightingale, Edge of sanity, the Moontower-album, etc..).
- Kroda! (awesome ukrainian raw pagan metal melded seamlessly with beautiful flute-melodies)
- Agalloch, Nile, Opeth, Drudkh... (should need no explanation).
- Good 'ol norwegian bm (Enslaved, Ulver, Darkthrone, Emperor, etc...)
- Finnish stuff (Moonsorrow, Nest, Catamenia, Ensiferum, etc...)

...And the forgotten ones :D

I am sure almost all of us listen to other bands besides Kalmah, and even though Kalmah is my absolute favorite, I think it would be cool to hear what other bands people listen too, to introduce each other to new music!

My other favorites would have to be:
Arsis
Wintersun
Dark Tranquillity

nice taste, arsis and dt are among my favorites as well. wintersun, not so much.

my other favorite metal bands are Insomnium, Fragments of Unbecoming, Suidakra, Lay Down Rotten, Neuraxis, Dissection, Funeral Mist, Urgehal, & Watain. the last three are black metal, but they are good bands.

I'm positive most Kalmah fans would enjoy insomnium, suidakra, and fragments of unbecoming.

Arcturus, Amorphis and Opeth are my 3 favorite bands.
After there's Borknagar, Dissection, Dodheimsgard, Emperor, Fleurety, Ulver, Winds, etc

Many many many. I listen to a lot of different music styles so.. Top 3 is probably Kalmah ( great band, check it out ;) ) Porcupine Tree and Leevi and The Leavings. Then to mention some others: Tenacious D, Ensiferum, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, In Flames, Insomnium, The Verve, Coldplay, Oasis, Soilwork, Amon Amarth, Blackfield, Radiohead, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Wintersun + many many others

Many many many. I listen to a lot of different music styles so.. Top 3 is probably Kalmah ( great band, check it out ;) ) Porcupine Tree and Leevi and The Leavings. Then to mention some others: Tenacious D, Ensiferum, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, In Flames, Insomnium, The Verve, Coldplay, Oasis, Soilwork, Amon Amarth, Blackfield, Radiohead, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Wintersun + many many others

Yea Porcupine Tree are great! I saw them live in Pakkahuone :) I doubt your a foreigner if you listen to Leevi and The Leavings, which is great also ;)

Yup, I'm a finn allright.. Actually from Oulu, where Kalmah comes from ^^ Shame I didnt have the chance to come to Tampere for the porcu gig.