To all the COB haters

arch_enemy666

I Wanna Rock!
Sep 14, 2003
California
Visit site
Hey WTF! You know you people can love Kalmah, I love Kalmah, they are one of my top Five Favorite bands, but just because the are compared to COB so much even though they are not simulare, you people act like CoB cant play for shit. That band is filled with some of the best best players. Why cant you people just accept bands will be compared you don't have to hate a badass band.

But you know its just my opinion.

Oh don't start this again. People don't hate CoB because they are compared to Kalmah or vice versa. People just hate the comparisons in general. I for one love both bands. Enough with the comparisons I say.

Why would someone assume that, just because someone likes Kalmah better, they hate COB?

COB was one of the bands that got me listening to melodic death. They are great. I just like Kalmah better.

I have seen posts where people start to talk shit about cob when they are defending kalmah in the whole bullshit Kalmah/CoB issue. Those are the people this thread was regarded to.

I used to listen to cob a lot, personally i still like them but the fact is that albums like something wild and hatebreeder are not to be seen anymore in cob since they've kinda changed genre... i mean, this last one album is quite good too, maybe... but it's just too far from that 'melodic death' they used to be before this last few years.... i still like them because i know alexi is a very good player and jaska just kicks asses... but they're not theirselves anymore...and it's quite sad i think...
anyway, in my opinion cob ruled till that tokyo warhearts.... after that....they're not 'ruling' anymore..... they're just being famous.

And, however, kalmah have always been my favourite above all. Cob included.

And in my opinion they're not even three thousand kilometers far from cob style... they're just fucking different (this goes to the ones who say 'kalmah are the copy of cob' - and i know more than a few of these). They're just ignorant.

Kalmah just rule.

sure there are elements in their music which could be very directly compared with each other, but the fact is that they are playing two different styles of metal. for example there is no deep voice at COB - except on the "hellion" cover - and that is in fact what made me change from COB to kalmah ;)

of course I still love to hear from COB - buuuuut I now prefer kalmah, especially since they both brought out new albums... I don't really enjoy hearing the current COB album =/

rgds,
ascaron