Other bands like Kalmah Exept...

They_Will_Return

New Metal Member
Jan 3, 2006
Georgia
I love Kalmah they are one of my favorite bands. Now see I'm a Metallica, Iron Maiden, Avenged Sevenfold, and Van Halen guy. But the thing is I love the guitar work with Kalmah and Chidren of the Bodom but the screaming bugs me alot. It sounds good in Swamphell and Cloned Insanity. But i wanna be able to understand were they are coming from. And face it the lyrics from Kalmah arnt exectly amazing. But they are different and gets a point across. I need to know some band who have the same Melodic style as Kalmah but with normal singing voices. I need to try that out and see if its better or worse but im not taking opinions i want to find out my self. If u could give me a list of bands it would help me alot.

:headbang:

I love Kalmah they are one of my favorite bands. Now see I'm a Metallica, Iron Maiden, Avenged Sevenfold, and Van Halen guy. But the thing is I love the guitar work with Kalmah and Chidren of the Bodom but the screaming bugs me alot. It sounds good in Swamphell and Cloned Insanity. But i wanna be able to understand were they are coming from. And face it the lyrics from Kalmah arnt exectly amazing. But they are different and gets a point across. I need to know some band who have the same Melodic style as Kalmah but with normal singing voices. I need to try that out and see if its better or worse but im not taking opinions i want to find out my self. If u could give me a list of bands it would help me alot.

I can't imagine this kind of music without the power created by harsh vocals but i can undersstand why some don't like it. You'll have to check out Power Metal, metal with good and fast guitar work (nothing close to Antti tho :p) but with clean vocals. Most populars are Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, Hammerfall, a lot more i can't think of... My favorites are DragonForce and Angra!

Dragonforce-sonic firestorm is best album, Edguy- pretty much only song that i like of what i heard is wake up the king.. buti only have 2 of their albums, stratovarius- listen to album episode or visions.

Dragonforce / Rhapsody > most of the n00 power metal out there... Dare i say.. (if you are into it) try some Nightwish (JUST A THOUGHT?) even tho they sacked the layd. Listen to some opeth specially the damnation record... soft but good opeth. u like pantera?

They_Will_Return said:

:erk:

Lets see
Both Raintime and Oceans of Sadness are similar to Kalmah but have more clean singing than Kalmah, some growlies but very few.
Divinefire have a more brutal sound than most power metal bands.
Nevermore for amazing thrash like Metallica and Megadeth only better
Dragonforce the masters of speed

Thanks guys, i checked out dragonforce, and i got really into them. You are right they are not the best lyricists but they guitars are amazing i just learned black winter night and it was different but it helped alot with my writing. some new stuff. they are a mix between Kalmah (if they were put more in to e standard) and Iron Maiden (vocals). I was searching for some random bands and i found trivium. Which i knew about but i never listened to them cause after hearing the cover of "For Whom the Bell Tolls" i didnt dare. But this a band i can stand to listen to with the screaming vocals. I just really like understanding the vocals and not having to search them on the internet. I am downloading some Hibra right now. And for the person who said Megadeth. Im not looking for that metal cause i've been listing to that for over 5 years now. Megadeth and Metallica own all. But thanks guys if u have more bands please post.

check out my bands web myspace.com/ambienceistheband

we know their are bands with that name but none of them are copywritted. We legally have the rights to the name Ambience. I am the guy with the Rhoads. bassist isnt in any pictures and the drums in the recording are in fact guitar pro. we recorded them before we had a drummer lol. No vocals in some of them cause i am currently undergoing vocal lessons. Thanks.

PS if u want a good laugh go to myspace.com/newdisorder. This band sucks so much its so funny.

Lets see...

Dragonforce are a melodic joke.
Hammerfall were good, now pure cheese.
Stratovarius has some good stuff, singer gets incredibly annoying.

Ya wanna go with..
Lost Horizon
Sonata Arctica
Evergrey
Primal Fear
Balance of Power
Kenziner
Brainstorm
Dark Moor
Dragonland
Epica
Impelliteri(new Stuff)
Into Eternity
Nevermore
Nocturnal Rites
Wintersun
Wuthering Heights
Symphony X
Silent Force
and Pathos

All I could think of off of the top of my head. Enjoy!