Kalmah
Ensiferum
Children Of Bodom
As I Lay Dying
Light This City
Dark Tranquility
Immortal Souls
Opeth

i listen of a lot of bands, but my favorite bands are : Kalmah and Quo Vadis(band from Canada playing Melodeath too).

If someone knows bands producing music like Kalmah, please post their names, i know Noumena, Insomnium, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, but they still different of Kalmah.

i listen of a lot of bands, but my favorite bands are : Kalmah and Quo Vadis(band from Canada playing Melodeath too).

If someone knows bands producing music like Kalmah, please post their names, i know Noumena, Insomnium, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, but they still different of Kalmah.

i know what your looking for, I have been looking for quite some time to be honest, but there is no band like Kalmah, only second rates in my opinion.

Hmmm thats a tough one, because kalmah are unique to all other bands, although they are compared to bands like cob, thats a big NO! but cob is compared to everything anyway in the melodeath genre. No one quite has the intensity, epic and powerful feel that kalmah produces. However heres my music list, which is all basically the same genre as kalmah, and some fusion genres in there too.
Insomnium, In Flames, Dark Tranquility, Swallow the Sun, Eluveitie, Amon Amarth, Norther, Wintersun, Mors Principium Est, Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom, Archeon/Made of Hate, Blood Stain Child, Disarmonia Mundi, Skyfire, Eternal tears of sorrow, The Duskfall, Belakor.

From that list id recommend Eternal tears of sorrow especially the virgin and the whore album because antti kokko played on it. And try Belakor, recently found them, and i think their absolutely brilliant.

Here are a few of them:

Opeth (i don't think they will ever disappoint me, the new song "heir apparent" is awesome as usual, i can't wait to hear watershed)
Death
Quo Vadis
Necrophagist
Disillusion
Insomnium (best melodeath band ever)
Melechesh
Subterranean Masquerade
Tır
Unexpect
Nightrage
Rush
Tool
Scar Symmetry

Kalmahs great and all but in my opinions COB, In Flames, At the Gates, Amon Amarth, Dark Tranquility, Opeth, and Eluveitie are all better

Kalmah ( it should be obvious ... such a unique style !!! )
Insomnium
Ensiferum
Korpiklaani
Gojira
Carcass
Wolfchant

and many many more

Kalmahs great and all but in my opinions COB, In Flames, At the Gates, Amon Amarth, Dark Tranquility, Opeth, and Eluveitie are all better

:err:
:Smug:
my blood boils...

so many people appeared on the forum lately. i bet its because of the new release..
some of them seem quite cool. good taste, bit of knowledge.. but the one quoted above seems a mistake.. what are you doing here son?

Kalmah
Wolves In The Throne Room
Godspeed You Black Emperor!
old At The Gates
Necrophagist

The three especially create an amazing atmosphere with their music. Old ATG and Necrophagist do as well, but not to the extent of Kalmah WITTR, and Godspeed. If you like Opeth at all, listen to WITTR I guarantee you'll like it. :kickass:

Hard to say, i listen to a lot of shit. From Ac/Dc to hard rock with some blues to some Necrophagist technical death metal.
Favourite bands would be, obviously Kalmah, no one has better melodic yet fast and heavy riffs and that unique vocals, Necrophagist, Arch Enemy, Kreator, Pantera, Ac/Dc, Carcass, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Sirenia, Sodom, Death, Finntroll, Carpathian Forest, Bloodbath, Dark Lunacy, Wintersun, Imperanon, Graveworm, Dark Tranquility, Ensiferum, Eluviete, Turisas, Satyricon, Emperor, Necrophobic, etc.
There are just too many to mention. I couldn't say I have a favorite band besides Kalmah, they all have something others don't like some beautiful female vocals or some brutal grunts, some slow catchy songs or some crazy solos. I just like too much things now that I think about it. :rofl: