Favorite Bands

This is a sad question for me since I just realized that 3 of my 4 favorite bands don't even exist anymore!! (Faith No More, Alice In Chains and Pantera). I guess I'd have to say I really like Black Label Society, I don't know if you can really call them a 'band' since Zakk writes and plays just about everything himself.

As I'm fond of saying, I like old metal. Most of the bands I like had their most popular days 10 - 15 years ago. My favorites are the usual ones Maiden, Megadeth, Overkill, Helloween and Metallica. I'm sure there are more, I just can't think of any.

I also dig Pearl Jam, but they aren't really metal.

i know pearl jam arent really metal but that was the first rock (general term) band i got really into and seen live. But when i did see them fuck me they were good and it took until i saw the mighty anthrax in march to top that gig. I jest not. From then i progressed to gnr, metallica, megadeth, anthrax, korn when they first came out then i progressed to the more extreme edge like napalm death, carcass. Ah the days of into the pit on mtv when scott presented the show.

Each to their own, everyone likes what they like yunno? But in my opinion Pearl Jam are total wank and are mainly responsible for the nu-grunge Nickleback shite of the moment , but hey, I bet people think the same about soem bands I'm into.

VitalMarcus said:
Vital Remains(my fav), Dark Angel, Watchtower, The Crown, Slayer, Agalloch, Thornspawn, Mutiilation, Kreator, Sodom, Possessed, Angel Dust(first two albums), Krisiun, The White Stripes(OUT OF PLACE :)), Black Sabbath, The Doors, Genesis(w/Peter Gabriel ONLY), Suffocation, Immolation, Arcturus, Aborym, Absu, Megadeth(first three albums), Deicide(first two), soooooo many more.

Wahoooo another aborym fan, what do you think of there new album? i love it, can't to see them tour here with frost later in the year

Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Testament, In Flames, Megadeth, Pantera, Slayer, old Metallica, Dark Tranquillity, Queensryche

overkill
ministry
nine inch nails
powerman 5ooo
coal chamber
testament
slayer
superjoint ritual
alice in chains
audioslave
queens of the stone age
plus many more

I mainly like bands who have good guitarists or that seem to impress me.
Im also a fan of Alice in Chains, Stuck Mojo, Mudvayne, A Perfect Circle, RageATM, and the greatest band of all time Ear Factor.

Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, Biohazard, Fear Factory, Dead Kennedys, Metallica, Rancid, The Cranberries, King Diamond, Mercyful Fate, Pantera, Slayer... tooo many to mention them all... I also like Audioslave, Staind and Creed, hope you ain't gonna make me two-assed guy :lol:

I could name hundreds of bands that I like but here's a short list in no particular order:

Megadeth
Slayer
S.O.D.
Black Flag
Priest
Maiden
Misfits (with Danzig)
Sepultura
Sabbath
Ozzy (with Randy Rhoads and Zakk Wylde)
The Clash
Zeppelin