Bands you like that noone else does...

Evil C.

Jan 19, 2003
houston, tx
Visit site
Im jacking this thread from the anthrax forum, cause I want to, and gosh darn it, i like it.

What are some bands, either metal or non-metal that you really really like, and no one else does. Nothing you are really ashamed of.

I got to say Primus...Scorpions...Twisted Sister...Marilyn Manson...Clutch, but yall know that. some 80's metal. Depeche Mode and other 80's bands like that.

Ive started the fire, please continue to add to it.

Evil C.

Evil C, we share a love of Clutch. I would have to add the Black Crowes, at least nobody I know is into them at all, Living Colour, The Agony Scene, Icarus Witch, Gov't Mule. At least where I am at, most people I know have never even heard of these bands.

How about music you used to listen to that makes you think "what the fuck was I thinking"? I used to love Styx when I was a kid, I came across an old cassette the other day and put it on, and my first thought was "what the fuck was I thinking"? :loco:

Don't know many of my friends that listen to Fleetwood Mac, but I grew up on the Stevie Nicks era of the band, I remember my mom had Rumors on vinyl and I basically hijacked it. :lol:

Last night, I watched one of those classic albums dvds that docused on that album. That was such a magical album.

Maybe I should try Pieces of Eight again, I think the one I pulled out was the Paradise Theater one, whatever the hell it was called. I seem to remember the Grand Illusion being pretty good too.

Voivod... from where i came from voivod seems an oddball to them even to my band mates. I've tried from dimension hatross to angel rat and even nothing face or outer limits for musical introduction but they still seem to catch the voivod hook.. I even to try give them a cdr copy so they could spend some time with it. All else failed. Anyway i haven't played them katorz yet. Voivod is Phenomenal! we'll miss piggy a lot. Voivod anyone?

Well i gotta i admit voivod at first listen sounds very peculiar. The best of Voivod is the first record i bought from them.. The order is chronological, songs there from war and pain to dimension hatross felt awkward to me. What caught my ear is the Nothing face to angel rat era. My drummer was laughing so much when he heard this release especially cochroaches..
Well i was laughing too.. but then i took them seriously (not too serious). All i could say is very original and out of this world.