Bands you like that everyone else hates

You're all entitled to your opinions and we are to ours. I don't think any of us here are trying to argue that Limp Bizkit is tr00 metal, so what's the problem?

@DB you're not missing out unless you are a hormonal teenager, in which case yelling over rap beats with distorted guitars could be good for you. It's pretty nostalgic for me personally.

I did like some of the stuff Machine Head tried to do on "the burning red" that could be classified as nu-metal. Of course the stuff before and after are miles ahead of that stuff but they did manage to fit some good stuff on that record.

@DB you're not missing out unless you are a hormonal teenager, in which case yelling over rap beats with distorted guitars could be good for you. It's pretty nostalgic for me personally.
I tried to envision myself in the shoes of the aforementioned teenager, and the result was a hilarious mental image.:lol:

Hypothetically, nu-metal could be quite good. But you really need an ACTUAL rapper working with an ACTUAL metal band. That's why Anthrax/Public Enemy worked so well. An Eminem/Mastodon team-up, for instance, however insane, would produce fascinating results.

*expects flames for that last suggestion*

It doesnt work.
It's the main problem I have with a band like Body Count.

He's a damn good vocalist... but metal doesnt need black man rap lyrics.
Just rap about mutilation/satan/whatever. White people dont care that you want to fuck a white girl and her dad cant find out. We can do that and not worry about her dad.

Street Sweeper Social Club are the best rap/rock band.

I actually really enjoy Korn...For a mainstream band they're pretty unique and heavy...The first 5 albums are all pretty cool and Jonathan Davis seems like a chill guy. I really just can't stand the vocal choices sometimes and angsty lyrics.

Korn - Good heavy groove with a new sound
Life is Peachy - same as above just some weird experimental crap
Follow the Leader - Mainstream but catchy
Issues - Really mature and cool
Untouchables - Last interesting album, I like the vocals here the most.

I haven't heard anything since untouchables besides a few songs but they sound terrible.