Suggest bands that are like C.o.B

Originally posted by ShaneBarnes1982
I've got the trooper cover, but as CoB, thats sentenced??

Yes, it's Sentenced. The only Iron Maiden cover done by CoB is Aces High. I guess I would have too mistaken and thought it was CoB if I wouldn't have heard the song first from the "The Story" album by Sentenced.

Amazon.com is actually a great way to find out what other metalheads think about bands, both albums and songs. Plus, you can often get a decent tracklisting, and then use a site like www.audiogalaxy.com to download some of their stuff.

I'm not one to download instead of supporting the bands, but some of these albums are real hard to get here in the states. For the record, Audio Galaxy.com has plenty of Throne of Chaos and Eternal Tears of Sorrow. I've also grabbed both Kalmah albums in their entirety from there. Hope this helps.

I'll have to check out those Norther songs! Thanks man!
And to Sargoth.. I love In Flames, One of my fav bands, but I think them and Bodom are really different. But thats just my opinion
And i'll check out impaled nazarene and ensiferum Carnivore, thanks!!

In Flames is my favorite band. they got me into "heavier" (i.e not metallica) metal and ive progressed ever since. i would recommend them, but disagree that they are like bodom. IF is melodic death metal, while COB is more power metal.

Kalmah is another band, and Finntroll plays humpaa metal (variant of polka) but it kicks ass. Jaktens Tid is a great cd.

but, i will say it once and say it LOUD AND CLEAR

ENSIFERUM KICKS ASS!!!!!!!!! ill make an analogy to bodom.

CoB is power metal metal with extensive growling.....while Ensiferum is more power (alike music) but less growling and more "power metal vocals" that you see in other bands.

dont get me wrong they arent the constant high vocal range singing, they get their growls in. BUT GOD DAMN DO THEY ROCK. do yourself a favor and get some Ensiferum songs.

it sucks for me, b/c they have no Ensiferum cds in the US and i cant understand the websites that carry their cds lol. so i burned the songs i have onto CD, but im willing to buy the album once i can get a good US price and actually understand it :)