Metal Most Hate, and You DIG

Yeah not a band I frequent much any more, but I used to listen to these guys ALOT back in the day.

Spinning it now for old times, and it brings back some good memories.

I like DSBM, which seems to get a lot of flack. Some of it can be stomached by most, some cannot. I think this is one that I constantly see get trashed, which I understand, I used to hate Nattramn's vocals too, but one day it all shifted for me and now love it.

:kickass: I love DSBM. Xasthur and all that shit. Love it.

But skinless I think actually does kinda suck, the audio samples they use in their songs are hilarious though.

DSBM is not a style I often seek out, but every once in a while I find myself enjoying it. Is Krohm considered DSBM? I see them tagged that way often, but it just doesn't sound like it to me. Great band though.

Idk but The Haunting Presence is a really fucking good album, I haven't listened to it for a long time though. I'll have to get on that.

I really like early Xasthur and Leviathan but a lot of DSBM is so fucking repetitive without justification. I swear a bunch of dudes just listened Filosofem and said, "hey I can do this," and made super repetitive music without dynamism or texture found in early Burzum. Heck, I've even heard albums where guys repeat the same exact 10 minute song twice! Like it wasn't enough the first time? Also, some of the vocals can be comically bad, almost crying more than screaming.

And I'm sure there are some diamonds in the rough that I've overlooked, but in general it's a subgenre with a lot of dreck.