Favorite classical song and/or composer?

Metalman7983

Nov 17, 2005
Texas
we need a fresh new thread so here we go.

Dmitri Shostakovich- 7th symphony (leningrad) in C major makes C major sound as evil as it could ever be.

Igor Stravinsky- Le sacre du printemps (The Rite of Spring) and L'Oiseau de feu (The Firebird). one the creators of atonality, he was the first to write neo-classical (yngwie damn copycat lol)

Antonio Vivaldi- Le Quattro Stagioni (The Four Seasons) A master of his instrument (violin) and he always put on a good show supposedly to me he is the first rock star :headbang:

Ludwig Beethoven- Pathetique Piano Sonata in C minor The sonata comprised of three movements:
1. Grave; allegro di molto e con brio
2. Adagio cantabile
3. Rondo: allegro
found some interesting facts about this sonata
kiss used a theme from the sonata on their song great expectations, Billy joel used it in one of his songs to. Also it was played on an episode of seinfeld and peanuts.

next thing you know it will be a rap song hahahah:tickled:

Rite of Spring--good choice! Man, I could hear SymX doing that one. Not sure how to describe this part, but remember where, in the Fantasia version, the volcanoes are exploding? That would RULE.

Some of my other favorites:

Beethoven's 9th Symphony

Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture (first classical piece I ever loved)

Bach's organ works

Copland's "Appalachian Spring"

Gershwin's "An American in Paris"

There are more, but these are the first to come to mind.

yea i really like the 1812 overture. Tchaikovsky is also one of my favorites too.

interesting fact about that song I always thought it was about the American war of 1812 but it really has to do with another total different war in russia...Napoleonic Wars in 1812

Bach is the best!

Harpsichord Concerto in D minor (allegro) !!! (aka where the classical part of A Fool's Paradise comes from)

Mozart is also really awesome... Fantasia in D Minor for example. His symphony no.40 also pwns.

Vivaldi is another of my favorites, anybody who can write a 40 minute masterpiece like The Four Seasons is awesome in my book.

I think my favourite is Beethoven!
I mean, 5th Symphony, Moonlight Sonata...

I also like Scarlatti, e.g. "Sonata in E-Minor K11"...

I also enjoy Holst and Wagner...

Metalman7983 said:
interesting fact about that song I always thought it was about the American war of 1812 but it really has to do with another total different war in russia...Napoleonic Wars in 1812

LOL, I thought the same thing when I was younger!

Really, anything Bach, Mozart, Pagani, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, and what DoomsdayZach said.

I don't think I've ever heard a "classical" song better than Stravinsky's Rite of Spring. However, Debussy's La Mer is pretty close, as are his Nocturnes. In terms of true classical period classical music I like Mozart's Requiem (and that's one of the few Mozart pieces I truly admire), and Beethoven's 3rd symphony (Eroica).

Metalman7983 said:
we need a fresh new thread so here we go.

Ludwig Beethoven- Pathetique Piano Sonata in C minor The sonata comprised of three movements:
1. Grave; allegro di molto e con brio
2. Adagio cantabile
3. Rondo: allegro
found some interesting facts about this sonata
kiss used a theme from the sonata on their song great expectations, Billy joel used it in one of his songs to. Also it was played on an episode of seinfeld and peanuts.

Symphony X used it too¡¡¡

Best piano sonata work ever written IMO.

SyXified said:
n terms of true classical period classical music I like Mozart's Requiem (and that's one of the few Mozart pieces I truly admire)

I feel the same way about Mozart. Everything else he did, besides that, is too mechanical-sounding to me, to really enjoy.

if you dont believe me about how evil you can make C major sound just buy a cd with that symphony or download it and you will completely understand