Favorite Drummer Poll

Who is your favorite metal drummer?

• Charlie Benante (Anthrax, SOD, Du Husker)

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Gene Hoglan (Death, Dark Angel, etc.)

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Dave Lombardo (Slayer, Grip, Inc, etc.)

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Rikki Rocket (Poison, PETA member)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sid Falck (Overkill, Fear Factory manager)

• Lars Ulrich (Metallica, Shitallica)

• Scott Travis (Judas Priest, Racer X)

• Igor Cavalera (Sepultura)

• Joe Cangliose (Whiplash, Kreator)

• Nicko McBrain (Iron Maiden, Trust)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm voting for Charlie, of course, but I wonder if including him in a poll on the Anthrax board is skewing the results :lol:

It's kind of like on the Neil Turbin board there is a poll asking who the best vocalist for Anthrax has been, and Neil has a commanding lead.

11 years ago, I probably would have answered Lars to this question. To be fair, I haven't given his drumwork on Load and Reload a fair listen, but that's because I don't like the albums, so I'm not going to listen to them repeatedly. I alsoI hope I'm not just rationalizing that I voted based on personality rather than musicianship. :)

Why the hell is Rikki Rocket on there? My blood boils just seeing the world PETA. Plus any guy who spells his name Rikki is a total fag. His druming isn't even close to being in the same league as those other guys, I could be wrong I guess but he sure doesn't show it with Poison.

Rikki's on the poll for a laugh (and to see if anyone votes for him). I don't personally think he's anywhere near the level of the others on the list.

I don't know which is worse, at least Poison gives (or gave) Rockett money for being a member. I don't like PETA, although I am a vegetarian. I feel that if you value the life of a animal, then you must personally make the choice not to eat, kill, or wear it. I don't like people telling others what to do. If you eat meat, fine-if you don't that's cool, too.

Originally posted by augdawg2
I agree AjDeath,

Dave Lombardo would also be a great pick! Slayer, Grip Inc., and Fantomas! Very good drummer, excellent double bass skillz!

If you think Dave was great in Slayer and Grip Inc. buy Testament The Gathering, Holyshit, it sounds like God playing a drumkit!

Back to another question of mine, WHERE IS RICHARD CHRISTY? THE BEST EVER IMO!

My most favourite drummers: (and I am a drummer myself) Charlie Benante, Mikkey Dee (Motorhead, ex King Diamond), Sean Kinney (Alice In Chains), Vinnie Paul (Pantera), Paul Bostaph kicks ass too, Lombardo, of course. And last but not least - Randy Castillo, R.I.P.