Favorite beer ?

Originally posted by bRaTpRiNcEsS
Hey Aug, how do you get past that evil 3.2 situation??

Well, the only way to get around the evil 3.2 situation(good name for it) is to go to the state liquior stores. They charge a arm & leg for the real percentage beer but since I only drink once or twice a week it's not that bad. It's just a bummer cause back in the old days(like when I was in Wyoming, or Seattle) if you are your buds wanted to drink some beer on a whime you could get normal cheap beer from anywhere. If you want to drink a real beer here in Utah it means that you have to go down to the liquior store and it can't be done for cheap. This is one of the reasons I discovered Steel Reserve! It's only $1.89 a can, even at the liquior store so you get more bang for the buck which is sorely needed in this state. I did more drinking in my Wyoming and Seattle days, but I think that also has to do with the fact that I was younger and I was always in bands. People in bands tend to drink socially, and every time you play a concert it becomes a social event for sure. Just ask Scott! I would be willing to bet that most of the Anthrax members don't drink nearly as much when they are not on the road.

Cheerz!

AugDawg

Ooohhh...I thought it was 3.2 everywhere!! I remember when we were in Denver everyone was panicking on Saturday cause they only sell 3.2 on Sunday, so you have to make sure you're stocked enough to get through to Monday or else you end up with shitty beer on Sunday night. But that's just one day a week. I was pregnant then too, so I couldn't drink anyway, so I just laughed at them. Til they threatened to use all my soda with their liquor... :mad:

Thats correct! Your only stumped if the liquior stores have closed(which some of them do close at 6pm) or if it is Sunday. I can totally understand your soda request cause my wife was also very defensive of the Mountain Dew when she was pregnant.

Cheerz!

AugDawg

...never buy beer from a Colorado grocery store because it's all 3.2. Colorado has some gay-ass laws:
liquor stores must be closed on Sunday
no real beer in the grocery store
and some gas stations don't sell Playboy, Penthouse, Hustler, etc.