Favorite John album

What is your favorite album with John on vocals?

• Sound of White Noise

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Stomp 442

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Volume 8 - The Threat is Real!

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters

nafnikufesin

N.F.F.
Dec 6, 2001
In a Zone
amandababypics.tripod.com
The debate about what our favorite album with John singing always seems to pop up, so let's see what the results are in the form of a poll. I thought I'd do John and Joey separately so as not to turn the poll into a John vs. Joey kind of thing.

This is a tough one for me, because I tend to flip-flop between SOWN and Volume 8, but today I'm going to say Volume 8, just based on the fact that it's more diverse IMO.

I think Volume 8 has John singing his most diverse, but Sound Of White Noise has him singest his strongest. Now, if they put out a live album with him singing I think that will be the best, I've seen John sing live twice, once with Armored Saint and once with Anthrax. The man absolutely rocks live.

he screams his ass off & Stomp. I do long drives a lot & stomp is the hardest one for me to sing along with. Fueled is the finest moment for mr. Bush on there, IMO as usual.

:cool: I too went with Stomp 442 , certainly the other two are slammin' as well, but I find Stomp to be the most abbrasive - I think it sounds like a better version of a Pantera record. I hate to use the word "clean" 'cause that implies a weaker sound, but it just sounds like better produced, better written, better performed version of the kind of metallica mayhem those boys from Texas always put out. I think that is why Stomp is sometimes so maligned. People always want the next Anthrax record to sound like Among the Living . People whined and bitched about Slayers Diabolus in Musica too, because they wanted another Reign In Blood , well I say F' off :devil: (Remember, people hated South of Heaven when it came out, but it aged remarkably well, and is now considered a classic in the genre) Anyway SoWN is certainly the darkest of the Bush records, and it is incredibly well done, but I think Stomp stomps it with its never ending energy. Volume 8 - The Threat is Real is awesome as well, but it is very inconsistent (too much filler - "Born Again Idiot," "P&V" ) and the production is not as good as the two prior to it. I also like the fact that Stomp 442 came out in the darkest hour of metal as a commercial force, and came out on a major label, and they still made it heavy as hell.

Originally posted by TD
:cool: I too went with Stomp 442 , certainly the other two are slammin' as well, but I find Stomp to be the most abbrasive... I hate to use the word "clean" 'cause that implies a weaker sound, but it just sounds like better produced, better written, better performed version of the kind of metallica mayhem those boys from Texas always put out. .

I totally concur. Between Sound of White Noise and Vol 8 Stomp I think is also a bit more aggressive and a bit more pist off.

TD I could'nt have said it better myself!! Stomp has incredible production and mix. And I thought John's vocals were phenomenal on that album. Stomp is at full steam all the way, not that that is an amazing feat, but it is amazing when one refers to the quality and cosistency of songwriting on Stomp 442. Oh and yeah I also thought there were too many duds on Vol8: cupajoe, 604, alpha male ,born again idiot. But other than that Vol8 is still very good!

I don't think there is a single song on Stomp 442 that is better than "Catharsis," or "Inside Out," and maybe "Harms Way" ("Harms Way" sounds very underproduced, underdeveloped, that song is great, but it could have had more going on) That being said, as an overall albumVolume 8: The Threat is Real is not nearly as good as its predecessor for the reasons we listed above. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy V8: TTIR, but I think as it ages, it sounds more and more like a collection of demos.