What's your favorite song from the SOUND OF WHITE NOISE album?

What's your favorite song from the SOUND OF WHITE NOISE album?

• Potter's Field

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Only

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Room For One More

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Packaged Rebellion

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Hy Pro Glo

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Invisible

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • 1000 Points of Hate

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Black Lodge

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Sodium Penathol

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Burst

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • This is Not an Exit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nafnikufesin

N.F.F.
Dec 6, 2001
In a Zone
amandababypics.tripod.com
So we've reached 1993. Joey is gone, John is in. Island is a memory, and new hope surrounds Elektra. It's a different sound. Some find it "heavier", some find it less heavy, some find it "too grungey", some say "what the hell are you talking about?". Some Joey fans leave, some John fans say "this is what metal is all about".

I'm not going to do a poll for the re-issues, I did a poll for the b-sides which I'll bring back again soon enough.

So, what's your favorite song and why?

ant_sown.jpg

Christ, this is the hardest album to choose a favorite off of. But, I narrowed it down to Packaged Rebellion, it's got the total package for me. Excellent lyrics, a good range of shit in the riffing, and the structure is brilliant.

Packaged Rebellion. killer riffs, killer melodic moments, catchy melodies/chorus. overall it's a great song title too.
But it's hard to choose because it's a KILLER record.

I searched but Sodium Pentathol was a idea I had...
Simple & fast.
If I must keep only one album on a desert island, it will be this one. Did you know that "Only" is inspired by the black trilogy from The Cure ? Charlie is a big The Cure's fan.

This and Volume 8 rate as two of the greatest albums of all-time. It's hard to pick between the first 3 tracks and the last three tracks, but since I made this damn poll and insist on picking just one, I have to go with Room for One More.

Honorable mention to Potter's Field, possibly the best opening track an album could possibly have.

I remember where I was the first time I heard Only. I was in my friend's car. They played it on the radio a few days before the album came out, back when radio was cool.

while i wasnt happy with the production on this album it still had a few standout tracks,i think the guitars were to washed up,scott recorded his rthym parts 8 times and i dont think the desired sound was found,and i have said before,being john bush's first album u are gonna expect them to try a few things out.

room for one more gets my pick,hy pro glo and potters field to honorable mentions.

hy pro glo really suprised me live,200% better live than on the album.

I still remember when I heard the 1st song with Bush , I was workin a record store that time and a guy from the label gave me a Limited Ed. of Only, have to admit it the 1st time I was real disapointed because of the Bush/Belladonna switch, but you know what they say about good music, it grows!!!!!!
Bush forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was a VERY tough choice coz this album kicks ass too much but I vote for Black Lodge eventually. Potters Field, Only, Room For One More, 1000 Points Of Hate, Burst follow... hell this is the whole album, like I said before... btw Dutchy do you really think Sodium Pentathol is the fastest song? IMO Burst is the fastest. Cheerz