Favorite guitar solo from "Blink Of An Eye"?

ProgMetalFan

In the attic
Jan 3, 2002
PITTSBURGH
There are amazing guitar solos all over this disc... and it is hard to choose... Ott's lyrical ability is amazing... I find myself actually singing along to the solos... knowing what note comes next... that seems so rare when it comes to solos... many of which are just a blur of meaningless notes... but everyone of Ott's notes seem to have a profound meaning... his solos are almost like "songs within songs".... ok... enough of the fanboy gushing...

My favorite guitar solo is featured in "Seeds Of Hate"... utterly jawdropping.

Had to chime in on this one... having been a fan before I was actually 'in' the band, I have been a real admirer of Doug's playing for years. For the last album, I really dig the solos in Monday and Under Fire... the slide stuff in Under Fire is really cool, and the ebow stuff in Monday is great. I like the atmosphere stuff...

But, my all time favorite Doug solo is in 'Gavel Hand' on Break.... What a great melody...

New stuff is on the horizon... shouldn't be too long now....

Sean:)

Originally posted by Sean
Had to chime in on this one... having been a fan before I was actually 'in' the band, I have been a real admirer of Doug's playing for years. For the last album, I really dig the solos in Monday and Under Fire... the slide stuff in Under Fire is really cool, and the ebow stuff in Monday is great. I like the atmosphere stuff...

But, my all time favorite Doug solo is in 'Gavel Hand' on Break.... What a great melody...

New stuff is on the horizon... shouldn't be too long now....

Sean:)

Yes, his use of ebow and slide does sound really cool in those songs.

And "My Gavel Hand" is just an amazing song... my favorite from that album... that solo... WOW! There's so much passion in that solo...

New stuff on the horizon already? So quick after releasing such a masterpiece in "Blink Of An Eye? :)

I gotta agree with the song within a song point. Doug writes the best gtr solos bar none. :worship: Schon circa 1981-3, Rothery circa 1985-92 maybe come close (gotta give props to Mr Holmes in IQ too) to me, but they are NOtt the Ott when it comes to the ultimate solo. I'll give my top three 3) My everafter (the entire duel with the keys) 2) u gift outro 1) invisible outro (short but packs a wallop, also my fav drumming moment from our irish friend) :cool:

sounds good about the new material.

late