2. The final Chapter
3. Abducted
4. Osculum Obscenum
5. The arrival
6. Hypocrisy
7. The fourth dimension
8. Destroys Wacken
9. Catch 22

Sucks to say I don't have "Penetrailia", or the "Maximum abduction" E.P. yet.

Abducted, The Final Chapter, and the self-titled are equally outstanding.

Penetralia, The Fourth Dimension, and The Arrival are very good.

Osculum Obscenum, Into the Abyss, and Catch 22 are okay.

Once again it is so damn hard to place them in order.
Following Nads example:
Self-titled, The Final Chapter, The Arrival, Catch 22 and Abducted are more than life.
Into the Abyss, The Fourth Dimension, Penetralia are so very good.
And O.O. is okay.

Might be different tomorrow and the days after that, you all know the deal there.

AtTheGates2099 said:
Damn, how the hell can INTO THE ABYSS be towards the bottom of everyones list? That album is top notch.
No it isn't. It has a few VERY good songs but on the whole it's not that good.

Of course what I don't understand is how people can have Penetralia at the bottom! That's pure old school Swedish death metal right there! :kickass:

My favourite album still remains, after all these years, Penetralia. Better, in my opinion is the best swedish death metal album ever recorded ! If u should explain someone what is TRUE swedish death metal, just give him that masterpiece !!! :headbang: Then i adore Osculum obscenum...yeah i know it's all old stuff, but i'm an old fart :cool:

I would simply adore Penetralia, but it has the wrong vocalist.

It is a huge factor to me how the singer sounds like. No, it´s THE factor, actually. It´s stupid to leave the first 2 in a bad place but I just can´t help myself, Masses voice bothers me too much.

Yeah I don't like Masses's's' vocals too much, but they aren't terrible for that period of Hypocrisy. All those sweet sweet riffs are what makes me love Penetralia though! :kickass:

NOTE: I didn't like Penetralia too much until recently.

Know when to quit, guys :p
of course NAD is terribly wrong about this, hehehe

Oh, oh, and by the way I must say how surprised I am for The Final Chapter being so top in everyones lists. Before I thought it wasn´t that popular. Glad I was wrong!

Hehe, I'm sure Sunlapse knows I'm joking.

The Final Chapter has great individual songs but I don't like the continuity of the album, Abducted and the self-titled are much more consistent in feel / vibe / whatever. But since each song rules, I give it a lot of credit.

here are my fav Hypocrisy cd's in order:
1. Self Titled(fav album of all time)
2. Abducted
3. The Arrival
4. Catch 22
5. The Fourth Dimension
6. The Final Chapter
7. Into The Abyss
8. Penetraila
9. Obsculum Obcenium

I like all the hypocrisy albums, just some better than others. I mean some of my fav songs are on the albums i rank lower in the list (pleasure of molestation and Left to rot are my fav "brutal" hypocrisy old school songs)

cheers
Eric

my favorite list:

The final Chapter
Abducted
Catch 22
The arrival
Hypocrisy
Destroys Wacken
The fourth dimension
Into the abyss
Osculum Obscenum