Favorite Iron Maiden riff?

For all guitar players out there...how difficult would you say the intro to Phantom of the Opera is? I've just learned it and it's a pain in the butt to me (I'm not a fantastic player or anything), and I'm wondering if I should have a sense of satisfaction or not...where does it compare in difficulty to other Maiden riffs?

FreaKitchen said:
For all guitar players out there...how difficult would you say the intro to Phantom of the Opera is?
That's pretty easy, IMO. :)

On that intro, I think the picking is actually harder than the hand on the fret... Hitting the second note three times was my main problem in that... But it's an easy piece to play.

Wrathchild. Solo parts in Number of the Beast, Powerslave, Alexander the Great, and The Thin Line Between Love and Hate (Not including the solos themselves). The Trooper. Intro of Lonliness of the Long Distance Runner. Deja Vu. Most of the entire Seventh Son Album. No Prayer for the Dying. Public Enema Number 1. Hooks in You (no, I don't know why). Fear of the Dark. Be Quick or be Dead. Parts of Sign of the Cross, The Edge of Darkness. Lightning Strikes Twice when it speeds up a bunch. Haven't heard DoD, don't really care, so it's disqualified.

I really can't narrow it down, it's like choosing which child to save from a fire, only without the dire consequences and whatnot.

Alas, my pride is cut again :cry:

yea man dont feel bad. i play bass and i can hardly play any maiden.

its either the basslines are shit hard or i just sux shit hard.

Dont cut my pride short... :cry:

I like the riff in Aces High. Even though theyve used that one for a quite a few songs.