Here it is - Maiden Setlist 10/2003

Willie Nelson played a set that was about 2 hours and fifteen minutes. He makes the boys look like lazy whipper snappers. I don't have an issue with the songs, except maybe BNW, but 15 is a bit short for my taste.

Cortavenas said:
Am I the only person on the whole world who likes sanctuary?
no.

It`s a classic song and should be included in every tour. It only takes 3 minutes if they don`t add that middle jam to it. I feel they can get a bit creative and do a montage type jam consisting of Sanctuary, Run to the Hills and Futureal. They can do something like that in about 6 minutes. It covers much of their history from Paul to Bruce to Blaze. It would be a nice little jam if they can comprise them together somehow. But we all know Maiden`s creativity for setlists.

Personally, I wish they'd forget(as in LEAVE OUT) all their 1990-99 material and keep the pre-Bruce material at a bare minimum and play as many of their greatest CLASSIC lineup songs as they can and really utilize the three guitars; like by playing "Flash Of The Blade", "The Duellists", etc. All BNW material is fine too. They can also put the DoD stuff on the back burner too.
But yeah, like any of that'll ever happen.

Prismatic Sphere said:
Personally, I wish they'd forget(as in LEAVE OUT) all their 1990-99 material and keep the pre-Bruce material at a bare minimum and play as many of their greatest CLASSIC lineup songs as they can and really utilize the three guitars; like by playing "Flash Of The Blade", "The Duellists", etc. All BNW material is fine too. They can also put the DoD stuff on the back burner too.
But yeah, like any of that'll ever happen.
Steve seems to feel the need to "justify" the existence of those years.

Setlist of the concert in Munich, Germany:

1. Intro
  2. Wildest dreams
  3. Wrathchild
  4. Can I play with madness?
  5. The trooper
  6. Dance of death
  7. Rainmaker
  8. Brave new world
  9. Paschendale
  10. Lord of the flies
  11. No more lies
  12. Hallowed be thy name
  13. Fear of the dark
  14. Iron maiden
  15. Journeyman
  16. Encore: The number of the beast
  17. Run to the hills
  18. Outro: Always look on the bright side of life

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]3. The Trooper
7. Paschendale
8. Lord Of The Flies
[/font]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]10. Hallowed Be Thy Name
11. Fear Of The Dark
15. Run To The Hills

6 good songs, dammit
I want Revelations, The Clairvoyant and Afraid To Shoot Strangers :(
[/font]

stefan86 said:
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica] Afraid To Shoot Strangers[/font]
:cool: I`d love for them to play this again. I missed that tour(they only played 1 night here in NYC as a warm-up on a Tuesday night in a small club, The Ritz). No way was I able to get the next day off and there were no tickets available either. One of their bestest songs imho.

I'd love for them to play Flight of Icarus again, but that's never gonna happen. Steve refuses to ever play that song live again.:(

I guess it´s very very hard for the boys to pick a decent setlist.
Look at all the albums they´ve made. Anyway, they can´t please
everyone since they won´t play a four hour gig.