Favorite Movies of 2003?

Yeah Pirates was a great flick! And I have to say, for being a kid flick, Finding Nemo was pretty good..I didn't even mind taking my son to see it twice.

Dogville. Easily the best movie of the year, although the best time I had in cinema was with Pirates of the Carribean. Haven't seen The Return of the King, so this might change...

The best film of the year is undoubtedly Harvey Pekar's "American Splendor." It's as wise as it is beautiful, and it's one of those unconventional pieces of art that force you to recall why you love movies so much. Highly recommended.

Some honorable mentions include:

Sofia Coppola's "Lost in Translation": Another film that proves 2003 was quite an amazing year for movies, some of the best heartfelt dialogue I've heard in a long time...

Quentin Tarantino's "Kill Bill: Vol. 1": Incredibly stylish, entertaining, and dazzling motion picture. Though the script is up for a candid debate, there's no denying that this is the most original picture of the year in terms of cinematography. Personally, I liked the screenplay, and I especially loved how Tarantino payed homage to the old martial arts films of the 60s, as well as japanese anime, which was carried out beautifully in a 10-minute segment depicting the biography of a lethal assassin. I mean, What's not to enjoy?

Daniel Boyle's "28 Days Later"

Still..."Return of the King" is to be released this Wednesday, so that all might change.

Last Samuari was so good i cried so hard! haha... i also loved pirates of the carabean because i love johnny depp sooo much, and he was so damn hot/funny in that movie. and i know Return of the King (which i am going to see tomorrow night...yay) will rule all:)

oh! 28 Days Later was this year?? well! that's cool! I guess that's probably my favourite then.

no doubt after tonight my pick will be different though.

RETURN OF THE KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Without a doubt, Return of the King. This one is gonna grab all the oscars next year hopefully.

Others I enjoyed:

Kill Bill Vol. 1
The Matrix Reloaded (saw this THREE times in the theater)
Pirates of the Carribean: Curse of the Black Pearl
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
The Matrix Revolutions
X2- Xmen United
Matchstick Men
Mystic River (turned out A LOT better than I thought it would)
25th Hour

The Worst I saw:

Confidence
American Wedding
Charlies Angels: Full Throttle
Bruce Almighty
Once Upon a Time In Mexico
Underworld

thanks edgecrusher! that reminds me;

I also extremely enjoyed Terminator 3 and American Wedding. Excellent movies. If you didn't find American Wedding funny, you're hereby officially heartless and/or soulless.