The Peter Sellers Appreciation Thread

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
Since Steve Martin has seen fit to soil the memory of perhaps the greatest comic actor of all time, I feel inspired to create this thread.

What are your favorite Sellers movies and performances?

Mt favorite performance is in The Mouse that Roared, but my fave movie is Being There or Dr. Strangelove.

whats the point of copying another actors moves,by the way what the fuckm- is beyonce doing in this movie? she is a fuckin horrible actress man.Sellers is rolling in his grave right now.

control-denied777 said:
whats the point of copying another actors moves,by the way what the fuckm- is beyonce doing in this movie? she is a fuckin horrible actress man.Sellers is rolling in his grave right now.

To make money, and perhaps because they dont have any new ideas.

But you know, Mike Myers has thus far made his entire career on doing a half-assed Peter Sellers imitation.

speed said:
To make money, and perhaps because they dont have any new ideas.

But you know, Mike Myers has thus far made his entire career on doing a half-assed Peter Sellers imitation.

Half-assed it may be...But Myers did strike gold with the Waynes World movies.

Final_Product said:
Half-assed it may be...But Myers did strike gold with the Waynes World movies.

Yes, Waynes World was an entirely creative enterprise devoid of imitation.

And there are much worse actors to imitate. Even his poor attempts at Sellers in the Austin Powers movies were quite funny.

speed said:
Yes, Waynes World was an entirely creative enterprise devoid of imitation.

And there are much worse actors to imitate. Even his poor attempts at Sellers in the Austin Powers movies were quite funny.

The Austin Powers trilogy worked quite well, I thought :tickled:

I remember seeing The Pink Panther Strikes Again at the Drive Inn back in 1976 with my parents. This is the style of comedy that I identify with as it was about the same time that Saturday Night Live debuted. I think it was the physical comedy that struck me the most, which is sadly lacking in todays crop of comedians. Explicit vulgarity and overt sexual innuendos does not equal humor. JMO.

Regarding the new Steve Martin movie: As good as Martin is.....and he is an incredibly versatile actor, no one can match Sellers' dry wit. Anyone remember Murder By Death? Just thinking of him playing the character of Inspector Sidney Wang makes me smile. Peter Sellers.....a legend.

sellers258kt.jpg

The Winnipeg Warrior said:
I remember seeing The Pink Panther Strikes Again at the Drive Inn back in 1976 with my parents. This is the style of comedy that I identify with as it was about the same time that Saturday Night Live debuted. I think it was the physical comedy that struck me the most, which is sadly lacking in todays crop of comedians. Explicit vulgarity and overt sexual innuendos does not equal humor. JMO.

Regarding the new Steve Martin movie: As good as Martin is.....and he is an incredibly versatile actor, no one can match Sellers' dry wit. Anyone remember Murder By Death? Just thinking of him playing the character of Inspector Sidney Wang makes me smile. Peter Sellers.....a legend.

sellers258kt.jpg

A classic movie indeed! So much talent, and they were all so good. Alec Guinness is amazing as the butler; any movie with David niven is a treat, maggie smith is good, and so is Truman Capote.

as much as you guys seem to hate Steve Martin I'm looking forward to seeing the new Pink Panther movie.The originals were great! I hope this one is at least near as good.

evil miscreant said:
as much as you guys seem to hate Steve Martin I'm looking forward to seeing the new Pink Panther movie.The originals were great! I hope this one is at least near as good.

My money is on...NO.

sadly.

We went and watched the new one the other day and I laughed about the whole way through,but the original one where the Inspector fought with his chinese side-kick is unforgettable