Favorite Novembre Moments

Devin04

New Metal Member
Aug 10, 2005
what was one of your favorite moments in novembre's music?

Me personally, and it probably goes for lots others, was the breakdown of distancs with the accordian. i hadn't heard something like that before. it was really cool. i felt like i should have been in venice sailing down the streets with a gondolier

I guess the song Homecomming, the breaks in it, the voice which is so different from everything else (maybe because it's slightly detuned) and the simplicity in the structure with the steroidal rage of Giuseppe, the lyrics syncing in... :)

Aside from that, I had recently a great momment when I found the guest participation of Carmelo on a song of the italian band Nightward.

The bloodspit-after growl of Carmelo on Klimt 1918's - Swallow Supremacy

But the last too are kind of offtopic, sorry but I can't remember well, it's been a long time since

Dream of the Old Boats outro

Everasia acoustic passage and the build up after it

Swim Seagull in the Sky outro, dreamy lead over acoustic

Venezia Dismal pretty much all of it.

Remorse lovely melody over acoustic

melody in Aquamarine :D

its silly though, because I could name something from every song like this...

Come Pierrot when after "t'llowed to have dreams but on-neeeee bee my only oneeeee-eeeee" that change to the da NANANA guitar riff.

Intro for pioggia...

"in front of my just a sea" from old lighthouse tale

I aggree with Jester with his last comment....

Although its not really a moment with the music,,, I have to comment on the artwork for artwork for "wish I could dream it again" even the band photos are so atmospheric!

Devin04 said:
what was one of your favorite moments in novembre's music?

Me personally, and it probably goes for lots others, was the breakdown of distancs with the accordian. i hadn't heard something like that before. it was really cool. i felt like i should have been in venice sailing down the streets with a gondolier

My favourite novembre moments:)

-Sirens in filth

-Remorse

-My starving bambina

I like the whole tracks but there is not enough space to mention all the good moments that I've spent listening all tracks from all novembre albums

Hard question... just like when in the previous threads someone asked to mention his/her fave songs...

When Carmelo screams in 'Behind my window/my seas of South':
'Where are my seas of South which wet the eyes now?
Where is my window now that the cold has returned?'

... this is one of my fave moments from all their records and generally the vibe from 'The dream of the old boats', that's probably my fave song ever from Novembre. When Carmelo sings 'Spleeendiiid' is the top!
The whole 'Sirens in filth'; probably one the best songs from their debut album.
Too many great and memorable moments listening to Novembre, too many to mention... I could write down an entire book, almost song by song, especially for the first 2 records.

I'll go with The Dream of the old boats too, it gives some energic vibe with the guitar riff and all. Also Venezia dismal when the classic guitar comes and Carmelo starts shrieking after it. Magic. Others worth mentioning are Tales of a witer to come (the first Novembre song I heard) and Swim seagull in the sky (the second)
Lyrically I'd go probably with Conservatory resonance. It's just their deepest and "vastest" song lyrically. :)

l'epoque noire - that whole tension-build-up from 1:40 to 2:30 and when it finally discharges
orinica east - starting at 3:00
foto blu infinito - 3:00 and on
sirens in filth as a whole
old lighthouse tale as a whole
as well as conservatory resonance

i might as well list the whole cds :)

My favorite Novembre moments...
I would like to answer this verbally, but I’ll try to do my best here...
Novembre applies many changes, beautiful arpeggios and atmospheres...
As an example, Everasia, starts slow but then changes the rithm, when they play a sample of a traditional italian song (please excuse me, I am an ignoramous, because I don’t know the name, perhaps an italian friend can help!) I really love that part, as well the lines that follow: “Da Padre a figlio, Da padre a figlio....” The whole song is very emotive for me... Another good moment is when Behind My Window starts... the sea sound captures the mood of the song...
Another from my favorites, is Cold blue steel, I really like the drum parts there, it constantly changes from doomy, to heavy dynamic parts...

I could also list more special moments from all their cds, but it would be a large list. So I prefer not to boring you..

Venezia dismal is definitely in my top 3 of favorite songs. the music and vocals from "when the magic rain..." till the end of the song are nothing less than genius! and i love how giuseppe sneaks in a blast beat.

onirica east, the breakdown with the bass riff is brilliant!

and behind my window/seas of south, for this song i like the original version better. everything after he sings "...the cold has returned" in his clean vox. ahhh man i love it.

and maybe one of the overlooked songs... Will. this song is just amazing. its not very complex at all but it just captures such emotion and feeling. The end riff is very mezmerizing.

Like everyone else has said "I could go on for pages"... ditto!

Novembre is such a great band because every song is good, some i like better than others, but everything is really good. Opeth used to be the same, I love every song off the first 3 albums. but their newer stuff i find myself skipping tracks and i hate that.

i havent heard anything from Materia, but i get a feeling that things will look like this.... Materia > Ghost Reveries :cool: