Favorite Opeth riff?

The last riff in The leper affinity, before the piano.. you know what I'm talking about. Not even opeth usually do that great riffs! It's awsome!

ohh yeah another huge favorite of mine is in Under the Weeping Moon, right after the eerie part where the guitars kick in with "I am the watcher in the sky" and basically everything past that. especially that bad ass bass part.

...and in Apostle in Triumph, around the 6 minute mark(?) that really cool part. haha i know thats not all too descriptive...but from there on is absolutely amazing too.

The Leper Affinity - 2:12
Forest Of October - 9:52
Godhead's Lament - 1:40, 6:52
Serenity Painted Death - 2:10
Advent - 2:02, 4:20, 9:59, 10:11
April Ethereal - 7:35
Karma - 6:37

One could go on and on, though.

i think that the best 3 riffs i've heard by Opeth are these:

The Funeral Portrait (when starting)
Black Rose Immortal (from minute 16 to 20)
The Drapery Falls (from the part that Mike sings "It is the end for the weak at heart, always the same" to "you turn your back and walk away, never again") simply great! but most of the songs have great riffs

Can't choose really...

ATM:

April Ethereal - 6:00 and further... Very sick riff and very cool outro.
Deliverance - Outro... Is clear I think... Sheer brutality.

Just about every single Opeth song has amazing riffs, but I'll name a few favorites;

- The Drapery Falls: intro/outro, 4:02-5:03 (the ahh part and the solo, just beautiful), 5:50 (that heavy riff that sounds awkward but awesome), 8:12 (acoustic part).
- The Leper Affinity: 8:00 (before piano), and the amazing piano outro.
- The Moor: 3:27, 4:27 (with that guitar in the background playing gloomy notes), 5:57 (the clean tremolo part and the heavy chorus), 9:03 (clean/acoustic part), 10:19 (that heavy chorus again).
- The Amen Corner: 3:13 (that beautiful acoustic/clean part)
- Karma: 0:59 (with the ohh/ahh part), 3:53 (that clean interlude), 5:24 (both guitars going at it, just sounds moody), 6:34 (that clean part sounds awesome).
- Madrigal (entire song), I wish it was a full song 10 min song, of its own.
- Moonlapse Vertigo: 0:47 (that part sounds kinda depressing but I love it), 5:00 (that jazzy interlude), 7:15 (plus the outro).
- Bleak: 1:20 (break of morning, coldness lingers on!!!!), 5:20 (that jazz interlude), 6:40.
- Face of Melinda: 5:04 (I think this is one of my top fav riffs of all time, it's too depressing and too good to be true), 7:03 (outro, one word=amazing)
- Harvest: 3:03 (the end of the chorus).
- When: 3:01 (that clean part and the heavy part).
- Circle of the Tyrants (opeth version): 4:20 (that clean part, man it's too atmospheric and too great), rest of the song afterwards.

there's so much more, I'll leave it there.