Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Sabotage

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Technical Ecstasy

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Never Say Die

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
i voted for paranoid. i know kinda lame. it was either that or sabbath bloody sabbath. who voted for technical ecstacy :zombie: must have clicked on the wrong option:erk:

This order for me:

Black Sabbath
Sabotage
Master of Reality
Volume 4
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Paranoid
Tehnical Ecstasy
Never Say Die

Yeah Paranoid's kinda low on that list. While every track is a staple in metal music, most of the tracks are burned in my brain at this point. The debut holds a special place for me. I can still put that record on at any time and it kicks my ass. Fucking love those blues jams.

without sounding like a dumbass, what does "original" sabbath mean?
...sorry, im not into much of them

You're young still have time to get into them ;)
By original, the original poster meant the original line-up: Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward. They recorded 8 studio albums: "Black Sabbath", "Paranoid", "Master Of Reality", "Vol. 4", "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath", "Sabotage", "Technical Ecstasy" and "Never Say Die", plus two live albums: "Live At Last" which was originally released in 1980 (although it was from the SBS tour) but was basically unaivalable for years until it was reissued by Castle, and "Reunion" (1996) which was the concert that saw the original line-up together after 18 years after the last studio album. Also two compilations: "We Sold Our Souls For Rock'n'Roll" and "Past Lives"

I voted for the S/T for one reason only though I love all their albums up to Sabotage... but i voted for the S/T just because of the song Black Sabbath... imagine being from the flower power generation and that song came out that was different then what was out there in 1968... and scary song to boot...

My personal top

Black Sabbath
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Master Of Reality
Sabotage
Volume IV
Paranoid
Technical Ecstasy
Never Say Die

The first album is still my favourite.

I imagine being from the flower power generation and that song came out that was different then what was out there in 1968... and scary song to boot...

I agree that was completely different from what the late 60's people were used too, but actually the song came out in 1970. Same year the Beatles disbanded, Hendrix died, the Isle of Wight concert (ELP "Pictures At An Exhibition") was held, King Crimson already had out their first album, and Alice Cooper put out his second album "Easy Action" (which was definitively anti-hippy music) so a lot was happening away from the flower people environment.

I agree that was completely different from what the late 60's people were used too, but actually the song came out in 1970. Same year the Beatles disbanded, Hendrix died, the Isle of Wight concert (ELP "Pictures At An Exhibition") was held, King Crimson already had out their first album, and Alice Cooper put out his second album "Easy Action" (which was definitively anti-hippy music) so a lot was happening away from the flower people environment.
They released a demo version of the song Black Sabbath around August of 1969.

That's closer to 1970 than 1968 :heh:
by 2 months... :mad: btw I didn't have time to call ya in CR... was in a rush to do things this time around... i went to beach at Manuel Antonio... was cool... and i saw Iron Maiden's airplane parked at the airport as my plane took off back to NY... that was major cool... nice looking plane... :kickass:

It's hard to pick one but I'll have to go with Sabotage. I based my decision on the fact that I probably played that one the most.