Favorite Passage in an Opeth song

SonOfNun

Bill Ward's Red Pants
Oct 21, 2003
The Southland
sonofnun7.wordpress.com
Simple question. What are some of your favorite passages in any Opeth song? One of mine has to be in "Black Rose Immortal" from 8:14 to 14:43. There are many others but I'll start with that one.

If this has been done before I could really care less as I came here to talk about Opeth's music and found threads full of nothing but nonsense. Here's to the music! :kickass:

Well I think pretty much I agree with you Opeth17. From "Sunbirds.." to the whisper of "Black Rose Immortal" is my favorite Opeth passage I believe, though several other ones move me almost as strongly. In Twilight is My Robe the acoustic part "The Birds of the Sun..." in Godheads Lement "What Would They Care if I would Stay..." the part of Demon of the Fall with all the brutal scream, Night and the Silent Water "And so You Left Us" and basically every part of the Moor. Ok so basically theres a ton of moments but that part of BRI takes it IMO...

Godhead's Lament: "Searching my way to perplexion...", "What should they care..."
Demon of the Fall: "Run away, run away..." (the whole part)
April Ethereal: "I will endure, hide away..."

There are more...

The end of "When" is one of my favorites:

"When can i take you from this place?" ...

All other parts mentioned here are also favorites.
Too bad we miss them in the two latest albums.
But that's another discussion.

Hmm...there's so many..but the one I like at the moment would probably be in the middle of Demon of the Fall and at the end..that song is awesome.

Deliverance - 8:34
Godhead's Lament - 4:42
When (...and I cry, I knew she had lied....)
The Moor -4:55
Master's Apprentice -5:15
Demon of the Fall -2:16
Leper Affinity -4:46
..... many many from Orchid, + "Black Rose Immortal" (that song is incredible!)

osse87 said:
Hard question but right now i like the part where there's clean singing in the Amen Corner. With the tiny solos after each verse.
Yes that part is brilliant. Definatly one of my favorites. Another one I thought of was the acoustic part at the begining of Drige for November...

i love the part in Advent where he says
"God is dead, but God still lives. Hes in our hearts and in our kids
When people say that no one sings, we start singing and tear through limbs"
and then it goes to that sweet acoustic part with the funky technical loose groove.
it would be impossible to pick just one favorite part of an opeth song. if you can, than you havent listened close enough duuuuuuude alright maaaaaan

The beginning of The moor,
Also Godheads Lament as written above by "Demon of the Fall"
The Twillight, the second break I think it is, when it's only bass and then they just rock on