favorite performance from past Powerfest

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
I would have to say that it was Nocturnal Rites for me. I thought they would be a band that I would never get to see. Thanks to the Powerfest guys I was able to scratch one band off that list. They were amazing. Intense from start to finish. Great set list too.

Noc Rites for me too.
They probably aren't my favorite band on paper overall out of every band I have seen at Powerfest, though they definitely were the most amazing live.
Quite possibly the best performance of a power metal band I have ever seen period.

Honorable mention goes to Saturnus.

Definitely Solitude Aeturnus.

while for me that years line up was not what I am into....but it was way ahead of its time. Hats off to the Powerfest guys for booking that one. If it was this year and that show was going on....there would be double to triple the amount of people now since those bands are now more popular and in demand.

Solitude Aeturnus

That's the one band I missed over the years that definitely stings the most.
I was all set to go, but then had last minute out of town guests at our house.
I couldn't then go both nights, so I chose Nov Doom / Saturnus.

I would fully support having a return appearance by those guys.

Seeing Solitude Aeturnus would rock.

Other bands worth the time. If we are focusing in NA.

Zuul
High Spirits
Sacrifice
Heathen (they got screwed over at Harpos during the Destruction tour, REALLY want to see them)
Borrowed Time
Sauron
Mortifier
Vindicator
Trazom
Genocya
Wastelander(split up?)

Outside of NA but wanted.
Persuader
Falconer

Seeing Solitude Aeturnus would rock.

Other bands worth the time. If we are focusing in NA.

Zuul
High Spirits
Sacrifice
Heathen (they got screwed over at Harpos during the Destruction tour, REALLY want to see them)
Borrowed Time
Sauron
Mortifier
Vindicator
Trazom
Genocya
Wastelander(split up?)

Outside of NA but wanted.
Persuader
Falconer

Zuul are great live. Seen them twice now. Seeing them again next month at teh Alehorn of Power 5.

I have seen High Spirirts like 5 times now and they never disappoint.

Wastelander are still around but the side band Harbinger is broken up.

Heathen was killer when I saw them with Destruction a few weeks back. My only issue is they only did 2 old songs. I thought no one really remembered them till when they played and it seemed more were there for them than Destruction.

I really wanted to like LEFAY. Maybe it was the technical issues, but it just came off as poor. I suppose following Noc Rites didn't help. I used to have a couple Lefay discs, and while they weren't the best in my collection, they were solid enough that I was looking forward to seeing them. I heard they were a lot better the year prior.

Zuul are great live. Seen them twice now. Seeing them again next month at teh Alehorn of Power 5.

I have seen High Spirirts like 5 times now and they never disappoint.

Wastelander are still around but the side band Harbinger is broken up.

Heathen was killer when I saw them with Destruction a few weeks back. My only issue is they only did 2 old songs. I thought no one really remembered them till when they played and it seemed more were there for them than Destruction.

Harbinger is never coming back either....Wastelander was supposed to do a show in Lansing w/High Spirits/Bible of the Devil as well as locals Borrowed Time and Cavalcade. They supposedly split a few days before the show.

BTW Harbinger is far older than Wastelander, the album Doom on You was re-recorded upon their short lived reunion.
Because of Harbinger splitting up (first time) as well as the end of Summon, Wastelander was born
Seeing as how I heard alot of unrecorded new stuff, I REALLY hope they get back together....but hey its not like I can force em or anything.

let's see.....first you say stipes and plaid dont go together....now this statement. Jason? Is your wife your beard?

I am good enough. I am smart enough. And damn it...people like me!!!! :)

That was a very odd night. I had a lot of personal shit going on around that time, and I was able to make it VERY last minute, getting there just before A LIFE ONCE LOST hit the stage. Luckily we met up with Pat and Britt and others to hang out.

I met booB that night for the first time too, as well as Ed, from Ohio.