• The Gathering Wilderness

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • To the Nameless Dead

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters

Einherjar86

Jan 15, 2008
The Ivory Tower
I'm a bit surprised this hasn't been done yet. Anyway, I'm interested in seeing what the consensus is.

So, favorite Primordial album!

Although it's a tough decision, I have to go with To the Nameless Dead.

EDIT: I neglected to add their first demo; mine's included at the end of Imrama. So I apologize if you wanted to vote for that.

Spirit the Earth Aflame! With The Gathering Wilderness as close second, all albums are pretty close really though.

To The Nameless Dead, with The Gathering Wilderness close behind.

Saw them in NYC during Paganfest with Moonsorrow. While, I like Moonsorrow better overall, Primordial put on one hell of show that blew away everything else. Nemtheanga is an unbelievably charismatic and great vocalist, was an amazing show.

also chose A Journey's End but it easily stands up there with Spirit The Earth Aflame, The Gathering Wilderness and To The Nameless Dead

I love his voice too, but it shouldn't be the absolute focus of the band like was the case on To The Nameless Dead. Spirit The Earth Aflame and The Gathering Wilderness showcase his great vocals but they are not the focal point of the music. Everything is much more balanced on those albums.

I agree that there is more emphasis on vocals on To The Nameless Dead. I didn't mind it though, because the vocal performance was so fucking amazing.

Storm Before Calm deserves some mention, even if it's not their best effort. "Sons of the Morrigan" is one of my favorite Primordial songs.

Spirit the Earth Aflame, followed by Journey's End. Personally, I dislike the shift in vocals on Gathering Wilderness and Nameless Dead. I like his singing and raspy vocals, not this aggressive throaty thing he's doing these last two albums. I'll take Storm Before Calm over the last two.